Eclipse (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wondering if anyone else is heading south to see it on monday. I'm thinking about heading towards the Dubois area. Looks like forest service rds will get me to grnd zero. As is normal I neglected to get a forest service map so i'm looking on the net to try and figure it out. Back in the 70's I kinda remember riding with some locals from pinedale and ending up in dubois to get a beer. No idea if the rds are still open but will check it out. Some really remote country.
I plan to leave belgrade early Sunday morning and returning ?. Mainly depends on gas situation. If anyone wants to tag along pm me or let me know on this thread. Also I'd like to hear where others are going. Talked to Sam and he said people are starting to flow into Casper, not for me. Also talked to a good friend in Rexburg area, he said if I'm not to his place by Sat. night probably couldn't get there as they are planning to close some roads.

Wondering if anyone else is heading south to see it on monday. I'm thinking about heading towards the Dubois area. Looks like forest service rds will get me to grnd zero. As is normal I neglected to get a forest service map so i'm looking on the net to try and figure it out. Back in the 70's I kinda remember riding with some locals from pinedale and ending up in dubois to get a beer. No idea if the rds are still open but will check it out. Some really remote country.
I plan to leave belgrade early Sunday morning and returning ?. Mainly depends on gas situation. If anyone wants to tag along pm me or let me know on this thread. Also I'd like to hear where others are going. Talked to Sam and he said people are starting to flow into Casper, not for me. Also talked to a good friend in Rexburg area, he said if I'm not to his place by Sat. night probably couldn't get there as they are planning to close some roads.
I'd love to go but I gotta work. Have a blast and protect your eyes! I think Sailor is planning on going as well...

couple of guys from Calgary camped at my house Friday night, they are heading to Jackson WY area.

Down North of Challis, optimistic on traffic so far. Not bad earlier today heading South.

Just got back last night from the Tetons. Got to see totality! It was pretty awesome. Even got to see the legendary "diamond" for about 2 full seconds. Worth the trip down!

Traffic wasn't nearly as bad as they anticipated either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom