200 series picture thread (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's not easy to dwarf a fully built Cruiser...but this amazing oak tree on our way home from Breck was an impressive *masterpiece* of nature in the tiny town of Fruita, Utah on highway 12...

IMG_2065.JPG

GIRTH!!

IMG_2066.JPG

Last edited:
Well... my venerable Northstar 27F finally died, like 5 volts left died. If you look up what not to do to a battery, I did it to it... like 5 times.

So time for a Northstar 31 marine with 1150 CCA and 103 amp hours.
IMG_0666.JPG

Well... my venerable Northstar 27F finally died, like 5 volts left died. If you look up what not to do to a battery, I did it to it... like 5 times.

So time for a Northstar 31 marine with 1150 CCA and 103 amp hours.
View attachment 1518398

Primary or secondary?
I got close to hosing my 110aH aux battery. I decided to wax/compound my 200 in a parking lot using the inverter to power the DA. I got very close to going under 50%. It worked surprisingly well though.

Primary or secondary?
I got close to hosing my 110aH aux battery. I decided to wax/compound my 200 in a parking lot using the inverter to power the DA. I got very close to going under 50%. It worked surprisingly well though.
Primary. I've got some more research to do before an auxiliary battery. I'm between LiFePo4 or Lead Crystal. I think I'm leaning lead crystals because they can handle engine bay heat (as I can fit a 31 group by the air box), they are much cheaper than LiFePo4, and lead crystal can be completely killed off and recharged with no damage for 3,000 times. I'd like to run Redarc once they have a charge profile for it. For right now I just run a fridge and the old battery did just fine at that, it's some other dumb things I did along the way to the 27F that turned it into a paperweight.

Primary. I've got some more research to do before an auxiliary battery. I'm between LiFePo4 or Lead Crystal. I think I'm leaning lead crystals because they can handle engine bay heat (as I can fit a 31 group by the air box), they are much cheaper than LiFePo4, and lead crystal can be completely killed off and recharged with no damage for 3,000 times. I'd like to run Redarc once they have a charge profile for it. For right now I just run a fridge and the old battery did just fine at that, it's some other dumb things I did along the way to the 27F that turned it into a paperweight.

Yup, I have a group 31 by my airbox with a redarc. Saying it's a snug fit is an understatement. I still need to figure out what to do with my P/S resi that's just sort of wedged in there.

Can't resist stickin me rig into photos along the road to/from Breck/Moab...

Last day in Breck...
FullSizeRender 83.jpg

WANDR N toward Wanderer Trail... :) -Good eye, Kamal! (@Atwalz)

FullSizeRender 82.jpg

Utah path home...

FullSizeRender 81.jpg

Weather in Moab this year? Pretty amazing...

IMG_2077.JPG

IMG_1161.JPG

IMG_1170.JPG

IMG_2081.JPG

Yup, I have a group 31 by my airbox with a redarc. Saying it's a snug fit is an understatement. I still need to figure out what to do with my P/S resi that's just sort of wedged in there.
Very cool, yeah I remember you mentioning using some Redarc components. they came out with a new BCDC dual charger. More charge profiles and about $150 cheaper, so I'm excited to hear about them when they come out later this year.

So the Northstar 31M fits perfectly on the stock plastic liner for the battery tray (the 200 body itself has a built in battery tray, not really a reason to put another one there.) But it is about an inch taller.

So... since I have no fabricating tools at my house as they are in NC, I took an extra Front Runner slimline foot kit I had, an old failed All Pro Off-road transmission skid, and my mits.

(I'm not going to lie, I imagined all you guys standing around me with a beer while I'm trying to find what I had laying around... to turn into a battery clamp, saying "yep, this is going to suck.")

So I just eyeballed the thing and bent the 1/8" steel with my hands while standing on the rest of it. Haha, not exactly my finest work, please don't judge me on the fit and finish, but it does lock the battery down solid. It will work for the couple weeks till I can get to some real tools.

IMG_0670.JPG

Last edited:
f

So I just eyeballed the thing and bent the 1/8" steel with my hands while standing on the rest of it. Haha, not exactly my finest work, please don't judge me on the fit and finish, but it does lock the battery down solid. It will work for the couple weeks till I can get to some real tools.

View attachment 1519186

@Taco2Cruiser ...as a kid...fishing with same battery-bracket skeelz... :hillbilly:

Landscape Cruiser...

IMG_2087.JPG

Last edited:
Only you guys would feel my pain, so thank you support group 200 mud forum.

I'd like to give a shout out to all the soccer moms and kids that ruin land cruisers instead of Tahoes. Found this under the second row seat from whoever owned my truck before me. I think it is some type of sugary drink. All I know is it has been in there for a least 2 years.

IMG_0681.JPG

Edit: my wife thinks it was a milk shake, she cleaned most the parts in the bath tube. I'd like to nominate Jenny for Cruiser Wife if the week

Last edited:

I'd like to give a shout out to all the soccer moms and kids that ruin land cruisers instead of Tahoes. Found this under the second row seat, I think it is some type of sugary drink.

View attachment 1520895

Edit: my wife thinks it was a milk shake, she cleaned most the parts in the bath tube. I'd like to nominate Jenny for Cruiser Wife if the week

Holy poop!

Thinking if it was a milkshake with even a hint of dairy product...it would have rotted and stunk to high heaven.

Someone spilled milk in my 100 series and it was a YEAR before I finally got rid of the rotten smell...

I'd like to give a shout out to all the soccer moms and kids that ruin land cruisers instead of Tahoes. Found this under the second row seat, I think it is some type of sugary drink.

I'm looking forward to your Line-X'ing the interior :)

Pressure wash that bad boy!

My daughter left a 1lb box of butter on the seat of my wife's GL. Stayed there for 2 weeks while we were on vacation. Had to remove the seat and send it out to have the leather removed , taken apart and cleaned. Yeah, I wanted to kill her.

While we are in the horror story categories, a very long time ago my father was asked to collect his urine samples for 4 days then had to get them to the lab, long story short half of the jars were not closed properly and spilled in the car passenger footwell. Worse smell ever and we never got the car to smell ok no matter what we tried.

While we are in the horror story categories, a very long time ago my father was asked to collect his urine samples for 4 days then had to get them to the lab, long story short half of the jars were not closed properly and spilled in the car passenger footwell. Worse smell ever and we never got the car to smell ok no matter what we tried.

Best argument for a set of Weathertecs I've ever heard! :hillbilly: Yeeeeesh!

Your dad wouldn't happen to be this Jeep guy, would he??? ;)

il_570xN.517995800_e439 copy.jpg

Nope and that was in the 70's way before weathertech existed, at one point he seriously considered setting the whole car on fire it was so bad.

IMG_0687.GIF

Nice to see 200s in ads... I think I know who this might belong too... @ethernectar

IMG_8206.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom