Marietta Trip Poll (1 Viewer)

Marietta Trip Poll

• March 4th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • March 11th

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I voted for the 11th but the 4th would be fine. Should be warmer on the 11th. I might camp Friday night if any others interested. Campfire time:devil:.

Last edited:
I cant go the 4h, but if more people can make it that day then feel free to go then.

Looks like the weekend of the 11th would probably be better for me. It is my FILs bday the weekend of the 4th so we will probably be out and about with him if he is in town.

My roommate may drive out as well, he isnt sure but he will probably come. I will be bringing passengers i believe as well... What is the thoughts on camping?

I could camp Friday night as I get off work at 12:00 on Friday. I don't like snow camping but there might be some cool places in the valley that would be good campsites. Big fire required.:smokin:

I think I can leave reno around 3 on friday and head down to meet you to camp if you would like

Looking at the extended forecast looks like we may get some weather the week prior, only about a 20% chance though. Other than that looks like it will be a bit overcast from what it is saying but good otherwise.

My buddy that I have been trying to get into an 80 found a deal on a 01 Wrangler he couldn't refuse so he may join us in the Wrangler.

Ok great looks like the 11th. We can firm up any details at the meeting. The weather should be better but we should plan on snow in some spots on the trail. I flew over that area on Saturday and it was all white. We should hope for some 50s (57 here on Thursday)temps and that can melt it real fast. I have had enough winter for this year. Love the fact that the drought is over and Tahoe is full; even if it crimps our wheeling days.:cool::cry:

Brett , Camping sounds good(any others?). I can leave about 1:30 and go find a spot and get the fire going. Maybe someone can post up some ideas.:hmm: There are some places that put us closer to Hawthorne that might work.
I know Walker Lake has some sites. But cold :hungover: by the water and noisy with cars. I can figure someplace out.

Ok great looks like the 11th. We can firm up any details at the meeting. The weather should be better but we should plan on snow in some spots on the trail. I flew over that area on Saturday and it was all white. We should hope for some 50s (57 here on Thursday)temps and that can melt it real fast. I have had enough winter for this year. Love the fact that the drought is over and Tahoe is full; even if it crimps our wheeling days.:cool::cry:

Brett , Camping sounds good(any others?). I can leave about 1:30 and go find a spot and get the fire going. Maybe someone can post up some ideas.:hmm: There are some places that put us closer to Hawthorne that might work.
I know Walker Lake has some sites. But cold :hungover: by the water and noisy with cars. I can figure someplace out.
If we can stay away from walker lake that would be best. Never liked that area much. If you want any ideas i may know of a few spots in the mina area

Great. Camping in Mina would be great. Low elevation would be warmer. We might be able to move the meet place to the rest stop in Mina as well.

Ok that's 3 for camping friday. Brett do you know of a good place that is somewhat easy to find. I am ready for some downtime around a fire.:cheers::banana:

Ok that's 3 for camping friday. Brett do you know of a good place that is somewhat easy to find. I am ready for some downtime around a fire.:cheers::banana:
I will look into it this weekend and report back some time. I have been super busy with tests this week

What time were you all thinking of for a leave time on Saturday? Joanne is wanting to get some desert time in, not sure we are up for camping though.

Everything that I know of is on the East side of 95 in Mina, so it is the opposite way that we are going up to marietta. What if we just find an area not too far from the entrance that is secluded. We can talk about it more at the meeting so everyone can weigh in on it.

I had a couple of contacts in Hawthorne that I thought they would know some places to camp. One guy said they have had very little snow with only some in the mountians. They don't, so lets camp at 20 mile Beach on walker lake. I read some reviews and it doesn't sound that bad. The weather is going to be Sunny and warm at 67 degrees-37 in the morning. Nice. Lets keep the meet time at 10:00 for those who are not camping but change it to McDonalds as they have better bathrooms and snacks/coffee. So Dan and Greg (other?)we can see you there at McDonalds at 10:00?

All campers, Will, Justin Brett and friend and I ,unless you want another site we can meet up there when ever, on friday afternoon. I will be in my grey Pickup/GMC. I just thought it would be hard to find each other if we are at a more remote site:worms:. 20 mile beach is more remote and the first site going south on walker lake. There is service on phones so we should exchange #s at the mtg. Ham radio is the club regular channel.

This could all change at the meeting if any of you have better ideas. I'll keep you posted Will if your not there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom