Marietta Trip Poll (1 Viewer)

Marietta Trip Poll

• March 4th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • March 11th

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good find! I was planning on going from Carson out Hwy 50 to Weeks cutoff then south on alt. 95 to Yerington to Shurz then south on 95. Looks like that will still work. I'm rolling out about 2:00 if anyone wants to meet up. And yes I will finally have a vehicle that can keep up.o_O

That is a cool feature:banana:. I am pretty sure we are going to run into :mad:snow although it is hard to tell from this pic. If you try to zoom in it gets blurry. Probably so we can't spy on each other like the Gov. does:moon::cyclops:. Just hope that it isn't drifted on the cutback we need to get up:eek:. Lets be prepared to hike an extra mile to get to Bass camp from where we leave our vehicles:hungover:. I believe the highest point we need to get over is around 7000 feet. Bass Camp is at 6900(?). The temp has been good for getting rid of the snow. 70 degrees today! My walk on monday was to my knees. Today it was dirt. I walk at about 5000 feet.

Ok may or may not be coming after all. Been having back issues last few days so no sure how well the back will do on a bouncy ride but I will be at meeting tonight.

Joanne is stoked about the trip. We haven't done anything fun in a long time. Watching the Granddaughter Friday or we would camp out. BTW baby number 2 is on the way.:bounce::D:clap:

Hey Will,
You will be missed tonight. You could have had some good star gazing and photo ops (at least til the f. moon came up). I believe Dan and JoAnn and possibly Greg are meeting us at the McDonalds in Hawthorne-pre-10:00am. Dan is in but never heard a strong affirmative from Greg. He might have to dig out his fathers cabin in the deluge of snow in Tahoe.:bang: All others will be camping tonight at the north end of Walker lake and then to the meet at McDolalds. That's a leave time.

I can't get out in time to camp. Where/when does the Saturday departure happen? Carson?
Will I think you still have my number.. I was talking with Dan and I think the plan is to leave Carson between 6:30 and 7am tomorrow. I am still planning on going but it will be a solo trip for me. Plan is to head out HWY 50... So @rusty_tlc and @DesertLake why don't we plan to meet at like 7am at somewhere like the AMPM right after the freeway exit on HWY50 at around 7am..

Also, what time does everyone think we will be out. I know that @justintpryor had said he needed to be back in Reno around 5, and the wife and I have dinner plans a little later than that with friends so I want to be sure I am home in enough time to shower and change.

Will I think you still have my number.. I was talking with Dan and I think the plan is to leave Carson between 6:30 and 7am tomorrow. I am still planning on going but it will be a solo trip for me. Plan is to head out HWY 50... So @rusty_tlc and @DesertLake why don't we plan to meet at like 7am at somewhere like the AMPM right after the freeway exit on HWY50 at around 7am..

Also, what time does everyone think we will be out. I know that @justintpryor had said he needed to be back in Reno around 5, and the wife and I have dinner plans a little later than that with friends so I want to be sure I am home in enough time to shower and change.
We're leaving from Reno so we are going w I-80 to Ferntucky then hanging a right. We'll catch up to you guys at the McDonalds.

School got in the way for a departure of today so Zach and I will be out there tomorrow morning to meet you guys in hawthorn.

AMPM at 50 just east of 395 at 7? Can do.

Yup made it back safe and sound. Ended making it to Hawthorne with about an 1/8th of a tank. Was funny as @justintpryor and I were talking, I had a 1/4 tank when we grabbed Bebe off the trail, I hit a big bump and it jumped to 1/3 for a large portion of the drive to Hawthorne. According to my Fuelly app she pulled 13.7mpg on the trip!!

Glad you made it. We tried to stay with you guys but the highway was calling to the old girl and she wanted to run. Putting a V8 in the 100 series was one of the best things Toyota did with that series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom