Introduce yourself... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you register on the website and tell me the username you used I'll get with Andrew and Chris to get you sorted out.
Sorry it took me this long to get back to you, but I was focused on prepping for 100's in the hills. Amazing trip. Registered on mo4wd with the same username as here: nezzar. Let me know what else i need to do.

Thank you!

Hello all! Located in Brentwood area. Just picked up my first landcruiser about a month ago. 1973. Been driving it locally but would love to get together for some light off road runs to cruises through town. Cheers.

New Guy in Town

Hi, name is Mike, just moved here from Colorado Springs. I am living and working downttown St L, and have my project 77 FJ with 3FE upgrade in baskets in my car trailer.... need to establish connection with locals FJ enthusiasts to get info on local sources and mechanics/body shops to assist in rebuilding. I took it off the frame 4 years ago, and it was a father son project.... then I went to a summer vacation in Kabul Afghanistan. I can do some of the work myself,,,, but I want this thing DONE!!!! Need to paint, some body work, wiring, and hoses etc,,,,,, like to meet up with folks and get together!!
Mike
Hey Mike. Located in Brentwood and picked up my '73 about a month ago. Would love to get together sometime.

Hello all! Located in Brentwood area. Just picked up my first landcruiser about a month ago. 1973. Been driving it locally but would love to get together for some light off road runs to cruises through town. Cheers.

Do you know of a good place? I did a lot research and public roads are almost entirely paved in this area.

Do you know of a good place? I did a lot research and public roads are almost entirely paved in this area.

Nothing in STL. Might be a bit of a drive to get anywhere. I did watch some videos on Potowatama off road park - trails didn't look too rough from what I could see.

For a scenic touring road that isn't paved look for "Lost Creek Road" South of Warrenton. We take groups out there from time to time for some sightseeing. Easy to get to and there are a couple of other roads that you can follow that will get you back to I-70 or you can stay in the region and explore some of the wineries in the area before heading back home.

For a scenic touring road that isn't paved look for "Lost Creek Road" South of Warrenton. We take groups out there from time to time for some sightseeing. Easy to get to and there are a couple of other roads that you can follow that will get you back to I-70 or you can stay in the region and explore some of the wineries in the area before heading back home.

Thanks for the tip. This is the one road I was able to find anything on. I hear there is a winery out there that would make a good excuse to get the wife out. This is on my 2017 to do list.

Hi Mike, welcome! Glad to have you in the area. I concur with the others above, light off road runs are not well established in this area or not public roads. Looking to get out there and start charting/exploring come spring and find more "Lost Creek Road" type locations. Let me know if you guys get together for a run!

Thanks for the tip. This is the one road I was able to find anything on. I hear there is a winery out there that would make a good excuse to get the wife out. This is on my 2017 to do list.

Hi Mike, welcome! Glad to have you in the area. I concur with the others above, light off road runs are not well established in this area or not public roads. Looking to get out there and start charting/exploring come spring and find more "Lost Creek Road" type locations. Let me know if you guys get together for a run!

I take turns being the event host for a tour from time to time for the MO4wd group out there and it always turns out to be allot of fun for everyone as long as they remember that it's scenic touring on a dirt/gravel road. I like going as it's always changing and there is always something new to look at. This is what the normal plan usually looks like.

A group of us are planning on taking a leisurely cruise down Lost Creek Road near Warrenton on Saturday the 13th of August.

The loose plan is to meet at the Warrenton Wal-Mart between 08:00 - 08:30 and roll out to Lost Creek Road as a group. Once we reach Missouri 94 we will turn south to Marthasville and from there turn back NorthWest on Missouri 47. The next turn will be NorthEast onto Charette Creek Road which we will follow up to Reifsnider State Forest which offers a free public firing range, fishing, and a few places to setup and do some grilling and socializing near a nice creek. Leashed pets are welcome, unleashed children as well at your own risk.

With that said, a diversion to a winery instead of Reifsnider State Forest would be something that I know my wife would enjoy. Also @Nezzar, I've asked Andrew again if he added you to the site but I know that he's really busy doing other stuff so I don't know if he is even logging in much if at all lately.

@Nezzar, Andrew is keeping an eye out for your registration.
I haven't seen anything come through from mo4wd. Let Andrew know to look for Nezzar (I used the same username on there as well). Currently says the site has new registrations disabled...

I haven't seen anything come through from mo4wd. Let Andrew know to look for Nezzar (I used the same username on there as well). Currently says the site has new registrations disabled...

Apologies for my not replying sooner. Doing allot of back and forth to Barnes in the city and getting a bit disconnected. I just read a note stating that there is a forum software update going on so that might be why.

Just joined...my name is Mike and I live outside Washington, MO. My family moved here a few years ago from OH. We are originally from the Lake Ozark area. I have been a Toyota fan since my first 1982 Toyota, modified 4x4 pickup. I bought it in 1988 in Florida while in the Navy. I have had multiple Toys since then.

Currently I have a 1989 4Runner (last of the 1st Gen) and a 1968 FJ40. The FJ40 is going through a ground up restoration. I just got the frame and all the Chassis parts back from Blastco in Wentzville. They did a great job at the media blast, prime and paint. Looks new! Time to start reassembly...

Looking forward to being a part of the IH8Mud community!

Hi Mike, sorry for the late reply. Glad to have you in the area and welcome to mud. Give us a shout sometime if you are looking to do some wheeling. Good luck with the rebuild...plenty of good weather days ahead to get it done!

Hey all. I live in St. Louis and picked up my 2002 LX470 just a few weeks ago. I have a thread here: Finally Joining the Club:::Oh Yeah

Before this I was pretty much driving something "practical" but decided I want to get out more and see places/camp/etc.

I'm interested in finding other 100-series owners so I can absorb some wisdom. In particular, I'm probably looking at an AHC delete and replace with stock LC suspension. Did a front end rebuild last weekend--lot of work!

Don't forget to add your rig to the 80 Series Google map! You can see all the 80 series around the world. Add yours!! Need a google log in to add to the map, no google login? PM me and I'll add your rig. Just need your vehicle year any general location.

Click here > 80 Series Land Cruisers of the World!!

hey guys and girls ,
Ray Martin here , i just landed in in OP Kansas from brooklyn , ny . i left the city life to come get married and have a family . i have a 96 LX450 that is an ongoing project and cant wait to meet up with locals to talk shop or not ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom