Gauging interest- FJ/BJ40/45 SNORKLE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
See posts in 40 series tech, after being inundated with requests, I'm looking at doing a limited run of stainless steel snorkles, as pictured. They are Stainless, 3"tubing, one pice, 3 bends that follw the windshield. brackets are tig welded on. I will offer both RHD and LHD snorkles, in a raw beadblasted SS finish. I'm looking at powdercoating in black as well. As there are numerous airbox locations etc, I will only be offering the snorkle to just inside the fender penetration. Templates for holes and mounting will be included.

I would like to do some testing of the prototype prior to any construction, but I'm throwing this out there just to see interest.
install1.jpeg
install2.jpeg
install3.jpeg

Any idea on price? Will it include the ARB top?

Looks good
Thanks
Ex

I'm just finalizing the price issue once I know my costs...The snorkle is designed for the ARB top, but will be the buyer's option, some want it, some don't...

Left hand drive version, interested.

thanks
Ryan

Depending on the price I think I might be in for one of the LH models.

Kevin

I like the ARB top - lightweight, not too large & functional. I'd be interested in the prebent tube powdercoated inner & outer LHD. Is the tube 1/8" wall DOM? You think you can organize a group discount on the ARB top or is that up to us? Junkyard or other airbox suggestions? Way to step up & offer the LC crowd a well designed product :beer:

Last edited:
Interested. Price and bend for mirror consideration.

Thanks
:beer:

good luck...

Scott

interested.... left hand drive ... with top...if you can work a deal for a bunch....

I'm just finalizing the price issue once I know my costs...The snorkle is designed for the ARB top, but will be the buyer's option, some want it, some don't...

What options will be available other then the ARB top?
Do you have a view from the front or head on?

Sorry, out of town all weeknd, I'll respond to these posts tomorrow, and try to have answers...I'm still working on the "prototype", it's on, and working great, but I'm doing the mirror mods etc.

The high point of the ARB top is that it sheds water, and you can't beat the price, to make it would take hours...

I'll get back to all of you....

The design is great and I think better looking than other options.I have one on my 80 and it has been very useful in water but more importantly getting clean air to the engine.My 40 is used heavily on the trail and it is wheeled hard. I fold the windshield 90% of the time to help not take out the glass on trees and in the washes in the east.I know that a diesel could run "under water" but a gas will just not do the same type of crossing and with a soft top only cruiser I am not sure I want to be in water that deep. Would it be feasable to lower the height to just above the folded windshield. That would put is kind of smack in the way of the mirror but would be less likely to get ripped off on the trail.It looks like the last bend where it goes vert could be lowered to have the ARB intake align just at the w/s.I have been in your shoes before with all us "idea men" presenting informaiton. I know it can be a pain. I have not bought a snorkle in the past for the 40 due to it being taken off by trees and treee limbs and even roots of trees at Tellico in the ruts. If it were lower at the w/s it would be the bomb.Thanks for listening.

Great idea about the lowered height...I might make a sleeved joint that can be fitted in or out, adjusting the height....one more thing on the list

I would be very interested in one of the lh drive ones with the arb top!!;):beer:

I would be interested also but for a RHD model BJ42. Would it also come with the rubber grommet that the tube goes through? I was planning on a donaldson pre filter top? what are you using for the flexible tube that goes from the snorkel to intake?

Any updates?

Hi, just checking in to see if you have come up with a price yet.

Thanks
Ex

Please chalk me up for being very interested in a LH version.

Awesome design!!:banana:

I too am interested in a LH model as long as the OEM fold down mirrors will fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom