SnT: When You Leaving (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brent,

Bubba and I will join in on that caravan. We're looking forward to staying the whole time this year!

Are you guys planning to go to Pozo?

We will be attending this year.

Were going to head out from the Burbank area friday morning. So far its my 80 and my my friends FJC.

Anyone else leaving from the LA are friday morning ?

guys, I will be up there thursday night and plan to be at farmer's market in slo, so anybody whom wants to meet up just let me know.

Noah
When is the farmers market in SLO ?

Friday or Thursday?

Brent,

Bubba and I will join in on that caravan. We're looking forward to staying the whole time this year!

Are you guys planning to go to Pozo?

Awesome! Just keep Bubba away from other dogs at the rest stop this year!!!

I have a fully stocked first aid kit and have added a bunch of stuff based on your suggestions from last year too! We WILL NOT need it this year...right?

Pozo - unsure - game time decision based on weather, etc. maybe. We were all just to beat and tired from the wind last year.

For those of us leaving from various areas around the southland on Friday morning - how about meeting at the McDonalds in Agoura Hills off Kanan Road around 10:30 ish?

Figure if Stan and I get out of south OC around 9, we ought to be able to get there about 10:30 or a little after. It's just under 90 miles (I used to commute to Toaks from down here daily so I know the drive all too well!).

For those of us leaving from various areas around the southland on Friday morning - how about meeting at the McDonalds in Agoura Hills off Kanan Road around 10:30 ish?

Figure if Stan and I get out of south OC around 9, we ought to be able to get there about 10:30 or a little after. It's just under 90 miles (I used to commute to Toaks from down here daily so I know the drive all too well!).
Brent,

Good idea, we will meet you guys there.

On another note, since its my first time to SNT, what do we have to bring as far food and stuff is concerned ?

I could make some amazing shish-kebobs one of the nights, and I can have my mom make some of that hummus dip she made for the last meet.

If we want to try to coordinate anything, we could try a potluck for Saturday evening. Friday evening you're pretty much on your own since folks will be rolling in at various times. Breakfast and lunch on your own.

Pozo Saloon for lunch on Sunday if we've got enough interested in the drive over and it sounds like we've got enough first timers to make it fun.

Stan usually brings some mean carne asada and I can whip up my famous dutch oven apple cobbler for dessert.

Drinks - hell yes!!

Let me know if you want to caravan up with us. You're in Tustin right?
Yes, Old Town Tustin which is right at the 5/55 jctn. We'd be happy to caravan up. What speed do you guys drive? I keep it under 70 so don't want to slow any speedies down.

Yes, Old Town Tustin which is right at the 5/55 jctn. We'd be happy to caravan up. What speed do you guys drive? I keep it under 70 so don't want to slow any speedies down.

Speed is about right for us too. Rig with a full rack, don't want to go any faster than that.

We drive even slower.... 53-55mph. We'll just meet you guys there. Can you save us a camp spot?

You'll need three with the trailer! :flipoff2:

We'll absolutely save room for you Dave.

On a side note related to speed: I was driving 65 mpg but recent observations of the scanguage suggest that mpg is a little better at 70. Seems odd, but maybe the extra 5 mpg doesn't create enough drag to offset the greater distance traveled. Anyone else experience something similar?

cmon man...make it wednesday....golf in San Luis on Thursday. Clam chowdah in Pismo for lunch.
Dinner at the hitching post?

cmon man...make it wednesday....golf in San Luis on Thursday. Clam chowdah in Pismo for lunch.
Dinner at the hitching post?

Hmmm...Thursday early morning, round at Sandpiper in Santa Barbara then on to Pismo? Unfortunately not. :frown:

I'm pretty sure none of you tow your rigs but is SnT tow rig friendly? I have a 2wd dodge 2500 and dont want to get stuck trying to get the rig out of the sand on the trailer. Thanks

People tow their rigs and pull toyhaulers on the beach. They all just air down before they head out into the soft stuff and pay attention. That being said, people do get stuck all the time.

What Dave said! There are huge motor homes out there. Stay on the wet sand as best you can. There is a tow service for the motor homes, etc that do get stuck and you'll have plenty of help if you get stuck in camp.

dump the tire pressure, you'll be fine.

then again...don't.
get 'er stuck, roll down the windows and count how many times you hear:
"Hold my beer honey, I get to tug this guy out!"

there's gunna be over 300 rigs there with nuthin better to do than help a guy out and share good times.

oh...and hit this, only a week left!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom