Time to move??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hey guys

Copper mountain copper mine Princeton looks like it's goin to open up BIG time!

the Similkameen is an awesome place to live, at least we have enjoyed the area very much for the last 10 years.

:beer:

Also there were two other mines that were ready to go full ahead - until the economy went full stop: Blakeburn and Lodestone. I am pretty much positive that Blakeburn is now dead (coal). I like the Pinceton area - but I am biased. What I could do without is the silly area politics, lousy prices on food and materials, the limited service providers, and the limit hours that businesses are open. Also, the lack of any permenent doctors, doesn't help. If you want any type of decent service you have to drive to Penticton or Kamloops.

I'm also one of the assholes who moved here in '86. I don't really know what it was like before that but, other than the traffic, I love this place!

hey guys

the Similkameen is an awesome place to live, at least we have enjoyed the area very much for the last 10 years.

Any news about what is happening at Highland Valley Copper? Are they in full production?

There is a killer piece of land for sale between there and Merrit right now. 160 acres attached to a 1000 acre woodlot. with 1200 acres you could wheel your own property for the rest of your life.

Any news about what is happening at Highland Valley Copper? Are they in full production?

There is a killer piece of land for sale between there and Merrit right now. 160 acres attached to a 1000 acre woodlot. with 1200 acres you could wheel your own property for the rest of your life.

I was in the area about 3 weeks ago. I have heard they are scaling back again because the price of copper is too low. In Kamloops the service industries were hoping that it would take off again.

I'm also one of the *******s who moved here in '86. I don't really know what it was like before that but, other than the traffic, I love this place!

Come on Kim, tell the whole story. Where do you live? Who lives around you? If I had a piece of property like you, I might think differently too.

Also there were two other mines that were ready to go full ahead - until the economy went full stop: Blakeburn and Lodestone. I am pretty much positive that Blakeburn is now dead (coal). I like the Pinceton area - but I am biased. What I could do without is the silly area politics, lousy prices on food and materials, the limited service providers, and the limit hours that businesses are open. Also, the lack of any permenent doctors, doesn't help. If you want any type of decent service you have to drive to Penticton or Kamloops.

i hear where you coming from John;), and yer we have all been / seen this before.

but in one word "Mitsubishi" as they are the moneys behind this project.

nope sorry don't know much about Highland Valley Copper, but please check out Copper Mountain.

i hear where you coming from John;), and yer we have all been / seen this before.

but in one word "Mitsubishi" as they are the moneys behind this project.

I wonder what they will be using for the mine vehicles? I can just see it now: nice Delica crew movers and 4x4 Mitsubishi Fusos everywhere in and around Princeton. :)

Read the drilling results. Looks like if it goes ahead, then it'll be underground under pit 3. Back to the good old days of Copper Mountain. I'll be happy if it does come back into operation. It'll do good for the prices of local reality. Still, the plan isn't to go back into operation until the end of 2010. Lots of things can change between now and then.

They are still in full production, lay-offs are up to a 100 now

hey guys

Copper mountain is going to be a garbage dump, copper prices are too LOW !

care to elaborate about the garbage dump?

yes true copper prices are to low right now, my understanding is that the mining will not be ready until late 2010/11.

it also helps if you have a huge corporation backing you.

2008-12-01 - Mitsubishi Materials Corp. Advances $28.75M for Copper Mountain Project

so we will see.

Last edited:

GVRD tried to get Princeton to take their crud some time ago. It was nixed pretty much 100%. Pressure is off for a bit ,as Cache Creek is going to continue. Too bad.

GVRD tried to get Princeton to take their crud some time ago. It was nixed pretty much 100%. Pressure is off for a bit ,as Cache Creek is going to continue. Too bad.

yer, i forgot about that... the good folk of Princeton gave a clear message. :D

maybe prado t knows something we don't.

I was kidding about garbage dump. How many times has copper mountain been looked at. It will not fire up at prices this low

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom