Reputation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First experience with it is not positive. I got dinged with a "negative" by some guy for a reply that I made to a post. Funny thing is that the OP that I replied to also gave me a "positive" for the same post.

Don't quite know what to make of that. The guy that I replied to liked my post but some other guy didn't so he dings me.

Oh well, I've got thick skin and that is a good thing for this internet stuff. :D

-B-

How to find out who gave the reputation point? I know the post where the points came from, but can't figure out from who.

Any ideas how many point can one get from an unique member, from the same post?

Medtro,
I added a rep point to your post above. You should see my ID next to the entry when you view CPP.

-B-

Thanks! But I still don't see the ID.

reputation-1.jpg

Must be a silver star thing. I see the person that left the feedback.

I'm confused on the color dots though. The "rep" that I left for Medtro (see above) was an "Approve" but it shows up with a dark color dot, whereas the other "rep" he received shows up as a green dot which I thought meant "Approve".

Strange behaviour.

I tried to add another to Medtro and the system says that I have to "spread it around" and it wouldn't let me give more "Rep" for him or Atticus. So... Igge got a little love from Beo. :D

Medtro and Beowulf are "an unknown quantity at this point" while Atticus "is on a distinguished road". Hovering over Nuclearlemon's Rep gives nothing.
I think this Reputation system is broken.

-B-
Rep.jpg

Last edited:
I think this Reputation system is broken.

-B-

ok so it's not just me. i had four points earlier, with two comments. now with beo's approval, i still have four points and even though he approved, it came up gray.
1.JPG

I get that too. "Approve" coming up gray and what not :confused:

Perhaps you need more than 10 rep points before you can see the details, to protect the dude-flaps that are dinging you. I've been able to see all the details in my CP, but have stayed above 10 (what I had right after the upgrade).
CP.jpg

:doh:

This search will eventually expire, but judging by what's been posted in the bug reports section of vB.com it looks like the reputation system is still somewhat in it's infancy and is not getting bugfixed aggressively:
vBulletin Community Forum

How do I leave a reputation point for someone?

How do I leave a reputation point for someone?

Click on the "balance of justice" icon at the base of the post, below the avatar. It's between the "online" icon and the "report" icon.

I have 10 points when I click on my own justic symbol, and I have noting on my CP page that shows anything. I dont see or I cant figure out where your finding that page with the report

I have 10 points when I click on my own justic symbol, and I have noting on my CP page that shows anything. I dont see or I cant figure out where your finding that page with the report

Ditto with me. I went out to have a look at the FAQ at the Vbulletin site but found nothing helpful in about 10 minutes. I'll just remain clueless...:)

You are given 10 points to start with so until someone gives you feedback you will see nothing:)

The fact you start with 10 points is what makes it confusing. I assumed I had ten responses and could not figure out how it works. Always currious

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom