Reputation (1 Viewer)

RockDoc

I'll take Bruce Vilanch for the block.
I think I understand how to give reputation points, and that it is tied to "what road you are on", but is there anything more to it? Can I view stats on myself and others? Comments on posts? Or just it just boil down to a color rating below your avatar?

RockDoc

Good 'nough. For what it's worth, I just approved of your reply :p

I think it would be AWESOME for leaving comments on mud sales... I've been zinged a few times and the only option is starting a bashing thread. A bashing thread would be overkill, the items were less than $100. But I would like to warn others..

Colorado Boy-74-FJ40

I may grow older but I refuse to grow up!
Hey Woody, When you get all the bells and whistles figured out could you post a Cliff's notes version so I can learn how to use some of the new gadgets?
Cool, THX

Are the reputation points kind of like skee-ball tickets? How many points do I need to win a 200 series so I can sell it to buy gas for my 80?

RockDoc

Bump to keep this from falling through the cracks. When you get a chance, there are lots of us wondering WTF this does, and what consequences come of voting yeah or neah of others' posts.

RockDoc

I think it could help keep some tech posts less chat-like :clap:

Have you been to the 200 series section? So far the tech seems limited to speculation on whether or not the truck will self-destruct if taken off of the nav system's road network.

Last edited:

RockDoc

Ah, so comments seem to show up in your user CP, and you get points for bashing 200 owners. Sweet!

still experimenting with it....not sure what all comes of it offhand ;)

First experience with it is not positive. I got dinged with a "negative" by some guy for a reply that I made to a post. Funny thing is that the OP that I replied to also gave me a "positive" for the same post.

Don't quite know what to make of that. The guy that I replied to liked my post but some other guy didn't so he dings me.

Oh well, I've got thick skin and that is a good thing for this internet stuff. :D

-B-

Okay, it's not at the bottom of the thread. Where you wrote "you should see this at the bottom of the thread" is in my usercp when I go to that page, but not visible in this thread.

I have no idea what you are talking about. You have a green box in your profile in the post, but what does that have to do with my reputation?

Jay,
I can never tell when you are serious and when you are yankin' someone's chain. I don't do Chat very often as you know.

It is at the bottom when you do a USERCP.
-B-

I would still like to know why there is the feedback one with no color at all.
I understand the red and the green but i get all of these "no color" ones. When i get them the points do not change......just bugging me

Well i just looked and it is a light grey

brian

SILVER Star
i'm actually disapointed to see that feature here.
it looks good on paper, but in practise is easy abused and quickly rendered pointless.

one case study: gun forum i frequent has it.
one dude just found firearms last year or so. does'nt know his elbow from his a****** about them. yet posts pics of scantily clad females at every chance. as a result has the highest rep point count on the forum.....for PA firearms owners....:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom