Chicagoland Cruiser mechanic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone recommend a good Cruiser mechanic in the Chicagoland area...preferably northwestern burb area, but will drive anywhere if they're good. Need someone with good electrical knowledge.

Chuck,

I've been getting great service from a mechanic in Palatine who's been servicing our Cruisers for years. He work out of Marathon station on Rt 14 (Northwest Hwy) just west of Rte 53. Ask for Mark (847) 359-1427. Mark's willing to let you provide your own parts and has done everything from head replacments on the 55's to springs and headers on the 62. PM me if you want additional info.

Harry

Not to hijack,
but you guyz live near my old stomping grounds!!!:D
I grew up in Schaumburg/ Hoff. ets. area.
Graduated from Conant high and went to the University of Palatine for a spell!
I miss home sometimes, till I see there the only wheeling to be had is at Woodfield mall!:D

Just wanted to say hi.

Chicago

Can anyone recommend a good Cruiser mechanic in the Chicagoland area...preferably northwestern burb area, but will drive anywhere if they're good. Need someone with good electrical knowledge.

Chuck,

Is there a specific problem you're having with your cruiser? Why don't you post up the details of it and maybe we can help. Or maybe one of us locals can help you fix it yourself..

Thanks for the offer! It's electrical, and while I've really boned-up on an '85 electrical system, the problem is having the ability to get underneath the vehicle and finish replacing/rewiring stuff. My vehicles have never been inside my 2 1/2 car garage, as that's my woodworking shop! Thus, any work I've done on the Cruiser has been in the driveway, and the weather hasn't been real cooperative over the past month.

I've got a dual battery system, and I replaced the old batteries with new ones three months ago, but I'm drawing juice somewhere as after a full charge, they'll be dead in a couple of days. New alternator installed right after the batteries, which I've had reconfirmed for being good. I've replaced a bunch of the grounds (lights/horns etc), but really need to re-wire the fuse panel, replace the fusible links and re-do some other after market installs.

It's a great vehicle and feel guilty that it's sitting idle in the driveway during a time that my daughter could really be having some fun with it. Thus, thought I'd bite the bullit and have it fixed until I can work on it outside,...or add a second garage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom