Colorado (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the cost to put license plates on a 2000 100 in rural area of Colorado?
I don't live in the city and need a idea on cost.
I do know new to 4 yrs is $$$$, 5yr to 9yr is less and 10yr is about $25.

What is the cost to put license plates on a 2000 100 in rural area of Colorado?
I don't live in the city and need a idea on cost.
I do know new to 4 yrs is $$$$, 5yr to 9yr is less and 10yr is about $25.

Kurt,

It all depends. If you bought the 100 at a dealership and they collected the sales taxes and you rolled that into the financing (assuming it is financed) then you won't have that $$ to cough up. If you bought from a private owner then you'll have to come up with the sales taxes on the purchase price per the bill of sale when you title/license the vehicle. In addition to that you have the title and registration fees and plate cost depending on what you choose.

You can check here --> http://www.revenue.state.co.us/MV_dir/wrap.asp?incl=titlereg

but it won't tell you much that you don't probably already know. Best bet would be to call the CO DMV on Monday unless a 100 owner in CO just registered their rig and will check their registration for you. For my LX450 IIRC the fees including $25 for plates (sales tax already paid) was in $50 range or so.

HTH

My 2000 Colorado Reg

I recently reg mine and it depends on how much you paid and the taxes per your residence and if RTD is collected. Rural should be around 3-4%.
Reg. is based on weight of the vehicle for the first 10 years - yes OUCH! We drive big beasts. My total for taxes and reg was $1000 at 7% Douglas Co.
If it is just reg and no tax for purchase, expect $3-400 for your 2000.

My 98 100 was about 125 last sept. I live in arapahoe county. I would guess you would pay 2-300, depending on year

There is a 2000 100 in local paper for $16000, was $17000.
It has 100K mi.
If the price gets low enough, I might have to check it out. Hopefully the price of gas will spike up so the value will drop;)
Hold that thought, I am driving my 80 150 mi per day to work at 14mpg :eek:

Does a 100 get better mpg's???

Does a 100 get better mpg's???

Yes, ~ 17mpg depending on how heavy a foot you have. Still going to sting with that kind of daily milage.

Do they even require plates in Grand Junction ? ;) My 98 was $68 for property tax in El Paso county (based on a original sticker price , goes to $3 at 10 years) and 37.59 License fee (based on weight and vehicle type, will probably stay close to the same).

"Tax the rich" sounds great until you realize the goverment definition of rich is anyone with a pulse and a paycheck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom