TLCA 2021 Coal Mine Cruiser Classic Registration is now OPEN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking at google maps, the event campground venue, twin grove, is almost an hour away from the offroad venue, anthracite outdoor? Seems kinda silly to do that when Rausch Creek is ~20 minutes away from Twin Grove. I'm probably not going to spend 2-3 hours on highway/backroads on 42s each day to wheel, nor am I going to load/unload twice a day from my trailer. We'll probably just wheel rausch.

@AJR @SFROMAN

Last edited:
:lol: :flipoff2:

I'll have you know Moonshine serves as the turbo diesel tow rig pulling out other broken trucks on the trail more often than not. That is unless I run it low on diesel on a red trail :lol:

Looking at google maps, the event campground venue, twin grove, is almost an hour away from the offroad venue, anthracite outdoor? Seems kinda silly to do that when Rausch Creek is ~20 minutes away from Twin Grove. I'm probably not going to spend 2-3 hours on highway/backroads on 42s each day to wheel, nor am I going to load/unload twice a day from my trailer. We'll probably just wheel rausch.

@AJR @SFROMAN
Your happiness has always been my primary concern ;)
Seriously though, AOAA is a pretty great place. The geology is very similar to Paragon.
Between AOAA, Rausch, and the ExpoCMCC trips, there's something for everyone...even you pumpkin.

is AOAA a lot better then Rausch or something?

is AOAA a lot better then Rausch or something?
I'm going to say it's different. Rausch has been good for the past however many years, but they opened up parts of the property for logging which wrecked some of the trail network. Running the same trails year after year can get a bit stale for me, but that's my opinion.

AOAA is very new to me personally. I've only wheeled there 3 or 4 times, and each time it's something new. There are some pretty great trails and the property is VERY large. We're coordinating with the Keystone boys for some trail guidance as AOAA is their backyard.

In either case, I'm sure you'll find something to make you happy.

I’m in for wherever there’s trails that make people raise their eyebrows after I tell them I drove the rig there from Florida

planning travel times - assuming the group campground is open to the event the Tuesday afternoon beforehand, since it looks like your inspections and check-ins are in the evenings?
Looking like a several of us crazies from down south will be attending.

I think @lowtideride needs to make the trip up as well. :)
Im a 1000 miles away but I am pretty sure I can make it. How long has the event been held at Anthracite OHV park? I would offroad out there 20 years ago, first time I ever got stuck in my Cruiser was in that coal silt. Took a few hours to get out. I will register the tail end of next week after I hammer out some details at work.

planning travel times - assuming the group campground is open to the event the Tuesday afternoon beforehand, since it looks like your inspections and check-ins are in the evenings?
Looking like a several of us crazies from down south will be attending.
Assuming the event goes as planned, we will make certain that spots are available at TG on Tuesday. There has never been an issue in years past, so I see no reason why there would be an issue this year.

In the future, please tag me or one of the other GCLC officers so we know you asked a question. Or you can post your question to the GCLC club forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom