Trail ride thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes pride. But that happens a lot cuz I think Ginger can do more than she can.

Get those stickies and see what happens

Get those stickies and see what happens

Eventually my friend. I look forward to that day. Seeing Casey chopping his fenders got me all excited.

Hey guys - If there is still a trail ride tomorrow 10/9/20, John and I are still interested. I can take the day off, so we can start as early as anyone wants to go.
With the rain coming, we are less motivated to camp tomorrow night.

Hey guys - If there is still a trail ride tomorrow 10/9/20, John and I are still interested. I can take the day off, so we can start as early as anyone wants to go.
With the rain coming, we are less motivated to camp tomorrow night.
A few of us are meeting at 2pm at Keith Springs Community Center today if you want to ride with us.

Where is that?

How long of a drive?

we had several last min drops from HOT South.
you guys have a good time! @Bama4door

We'll pick another weekend to camp and ride soon

Been reading up on some of the bigger Cali trails. Looks like we'll soon have 5 or more rigs in this club that will be highway capable and capable of running the Dusy or the Rubicon. Any one keen on making the trip out and giving one of these trails a go in years to come? 37s/lockers/winches are basically reqd, and it looks like this is still pretty much par for the course:

C6BFDD2A-28B0-4BBD-9714-4871EC6AD1F5.jpeg

Last edited:
Been reading up on some of the bigger Cali trails. Looks like we'll soon have 5 or more rigs in this club that will be highway capable and capable of running the Dusy or the Rubicon. Any one keen on making the trip out and giving one of these trails a go in years to come? 37s/lockers/winches are basically reqd, and it looks like this is still pretty much par for the course:
Yes, definitely been interested in running the rub... if we get a group... I'm in!

I’d be interested, have always wanted to do the Rubithon TLCA event

C6BFDD2A-28B0-4BBD-9714-4871EC6AD1F5.jpeg

I have always wanted to do this. We should definitely start talking about a trip a few years out. Planning and preparation will be key. Trail fix capability, common spares, etc.

I have always wanted to do this. We should definitely start talking about a trip a few years out. Planning and preparation will be key. Trail fix capability, common spares, etc.

Need more wrench days. Need to start commonizing a bit between the 60s and the 80s, these swaps included. It'd be cool as frig if we could get 4 or 5 trucks to drive cross country, wheel like hell, then drive 'em back. Man oh man that'd be awesome.

Need more wrench days. Need to start commonizing a bit between the 60s and the 80s, these swaps included. It'd be cool as frig if we could get 4 or 5 trucks to drive cross country, wheel like hell, then drive 'em back. Man oh man that'd be awesome.

I agree. Driving there and back with hard wheeling in the middle would be amazing. There has to be some communization we can pull off but simply having a few 60s and a few 80s limits how much we have to carry. I'm thinking we need someone with a welder and someone with a decent air compressor. Then its just divide and conquer on the tools, parts, etc.

Some more wrench days to see what is interchangeable or just lay it out will be needed. Also probably more wheeling and driving time. Doing things close and a few hours out just to fine tune the systems.

Totally doable. And I would be totally in. Lets just go ahead and say we are doing it in 2022. Spring after the melt or late summer/fall before the snow?

I like that timing. I'd say we keep beating on them locally and see what cries uncle. Lord knows we've got options to prove on. MMTF will reduce over time. Sounds like we've got something to talk about for the foreseeable future.

Veteran's Day Campout at HPO November 6-8.

Be there or be square

Anyone up for something next week? Maybe Wednesday?

Have to see how the rain plays out

Riding down creeks/rivers or camping along them, either way, this guy's experiences need to serve as a fresh reminder to pay attention to your surroundings. They're incredibly lucky.

Momentum is building for a ride at Iron Gap Rd on Wednesday, Dec 23rd. Keep eyes peeled here for more details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom