For Sale 2000 LX470, 119000 miles, IronMan lift, Rock Warriors, Cruiser Outfitters 2wd conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm really just testing the waters right now. My wife and are thinking about consolidating a couple vehicles. I really don't want to sell it, but for the "greater good", I may have to part with it. I am the 3rd owner. First owner had it for the first 87,500 miles. Second owner who is our PDR guy, bought it for his wife who was driving a new X5. Her exact words were..."its got a tape player and I'm not driving it". Bought it from him in January of 2017 with right at 88,000 miles. Belts and pump were done at 70,000 miles. at about 98,000 miles, I installed an Ironman lift along with the Slee diff drop. I found a set of Rock Warriors(5) that needed a little love so I had them blasted and powder coated along with the rings. Around 105,000 miles, I started hearing the dreaded clicking from the front so I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on Cruiser Outfitters part time 2WD conversion kit that replaced the CVs with complete new assemblies. I have replaced all the stereo with top of the line Memphis audio speakers and amps. The head unit is a Kenwood with navigation, XM, Apple Carplay and Android connections. I purchased another car to keep from driving this daily about 4 months ago so I haven't driven it much since then. I would load up today and drive to California in it. It is in perfect working order. The paint is an 8.5/10 with very minor road chips on the front bumper that have been touched up. No dents or dings anywhere. The original owner must have bumped against something on the passenger rear side that had caused the paint to spider but it really isn't noticeable until your bent over washing that side of the bumper or something. The interior is also near perfect. No tears in the seats at all. Dash, door panels and head liner are perfect. The 3rd row seats do have minor marks on them where it looks like something had just rubbed against the back side of them. The only thing wrong with it I can think of...needs a mast on the power antenna(motor works fine, just ended up listening to podcasts and XM all the time). Like I said, I really don't want to sell it at all but its something we feel like we need to do. Just don't know what its worth. Clean title in hand. Ill post some basic pictures but will be happy to take any specific ones you may want. Located in North Georgia just below Chattanooga.

Last edited:
If you really think those sites are even close to accurate for anything that is more than 5-7yrs old, then I got a bridge I would love to sell you. LOL

Well taken care of, tasteful mods, records, 3 owners, no rust, LOW mileage, yeah $16k easy I would say.

Well on that note ill go 16k... I want the truck

Well on that note ill go 16k... I want the truck

More power to you! I said 16k from the start. But why not 17 or 18 if 16 is so easy according to Gregnash.

It does look clean for sure. Just that money seems like knocking on 200 door.

Looks like you did well seller nice work.

More power to you! I said 16k from the start. But why not 17 or 18 if 16 is so easy according to Gregnash.

I own a 200... need a 100 for specific reasons that don't apply to most. Feel like 16k is the top on this truck and I'm willing to pay it should seller decide to sell. It checks my boxes and a visit to Georgia would be great timing for me right now.

I own a 200... need a 100 for specific reasons that don't apply to most. Feel like 16k is the top on this truck and I'm willing to pay it should seller decide to sell. It checks my boxes and a visit to Georgia would be great timing for me right now.

Surely 16 locked it up? I definitely understand if it fits the bill to pay premium. Figured he’d have your deposit by now.

I appreciate all the feedback guys. Still trying to decide if it’s the right thing to do right now. But with this interest it may be the right time. We’ll make a decision in the next couple of days though and I’ll be sure to let everyone know what we do.

Kinda funny how you come to a forum specific for Land Cruisers, from what it looks like you have very little interaction in the community, ask questions of the community and then question their answers? While I am not versed in 100s, I am working on it as I am on the hunt for one for myself. Things don't always transfer over between different types of vehicles regardless of them being of the same nature (e.g. offroad vehicles, cult followings) but why come and ask questions when you question the answers given?

That's like my wife asking me if I want mexican for dinner, then doesn't like it when I say "sure", so she goes with something else. If you want validation of the answer YOU seek, then why ask the masses???

Kinda funny how you come to a forum specific for Land Cruisers, from what it looks like you have very little interaction in the community, ask questions of the community and then question their answers? While I am not versed in 100s, I am working on it as I am on the hunt for one for myself. Things don't always transfer over between different types of vehicles regardless of them being of the same nature (e.g. offroad vehicles, cult followings) but why come and ask questions when you question the answers given?

That's like my wife asking me if I want mexican for dinner, then doesn't like it when I say "sure", so she goes with something else. If you want validation of the answer YOU seek, then why ask the masses???

Maybe I missed something but aren’t asking questions part of the nature of the public forum? By your logic an answered question is always definite and correct because it’s answered by a one or two?

I’m new to the community, yes. Do I understand the values? No. Do some people in the community think the values make sense? Some do some don’t, reason for my questions bud.

Maybe I missed something but aren’t asking questions part of the nature of the public forum? By your logic an answered question is always definite and correct because it’s answered by a one or two?

I’m new to the community, yes. Do I understand the values? No. Do some people in the community think the values make sense? Some do some don’t, reason for my questions bud.
No you are right... but coming to a community that is adept in the scenario/scene/whathaveyou and asking a question only to question the answer, that is where/why I asked whether you were asking for the answer or asking only to validation YOUR answer.

Unlike a lot of communities out there (e.g. Expo, OverlandPortal) we all attempt to help one another not berate when we don't agree. You were given explanations on things to your question, in another thread you questioned the cost given by multiple people as though you believed it was incorrect. So again, were you asking to validation the answer YOU wanted (YOUR ANSWER) or where you attempting to gain knowledge.

When it comes to valuation of vehicles like these there are a lot of different factors that come into play, which I answered in your other thread, yet you scoff at that as though it wasn't truth simply because you didn't believe it. Does it mean that the answer I gave were the "alpha and omega", far from it, but you asked for information for those that are active in the community. You were given there answers, but then questioned them as though they were incorrect. Maybe it was more the perception of your follow-ups as being questioning to the knowledge of those answering versus the attempt to understand the reason behind their answer (or how they came about them).

You don't agree fully with the answers given, no skin off me. I am giving information from my experience that I have seen across multiple years of participation and activity in the forum, so take it of leave it.

Where did you find 200 for this kind of price? In what condition?

Listen, I believe the values are inflated and based many times on emotion not reason. Like I said these trucks aren’t rare. We don’t have to agree, but I think many likely share my opinion, not all. It’s fine. Thanks for your insight I do value opinions.

Last edited:
Where did you find 200 for this kind of price? In what condition?

I’ve looked at so many I’ll have to dig it up, it was okay and 23k, but it is true there are some reasonably priced 200’s but it takes effort to find, and sure won’t be on here.

I appreciate all the feedback guys. Still trying to decide if it’s the right thing to do right now. But with this interest it may be the right time. We’ll make a decision in the next couple of days though and I’ll be sure to let everyone know what we do.

you made the decision?

Yes you are in a public forum but you are in the for sale section not general discussion or 100 series section. I think peoples frustration here boils down to sh*t or get off the pot. If you want to show everyone your truck and ask opnions about value post in the 100 series section.

We’ve decided to sell. Started an actual “For Sale” thread.

I’ve looked at so many I’ll have to dig it up, it was okay and 23k, but it is true there are some reasonably priced 200’s but it takes effort to find, and sure won’t be on here.

It is probably a scam unless you have looked at the vehicle yourself in person. I am talking to a 200 series seller now for $23,000 and it is a scam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom