What kind of tire is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wife civic came with tires that there is the edge sticks out a little I guess to keep the wheels off the curb from getting scratched what style or what do you call that thanks in advance

I believe what you are talking about is a "lip" of rubber that juts out just in front of the rim (stock or otherwise), and yes they are for protection. Now, tires on a Honda? Are they really low profile tires? Does that lip protect a rim edge under hard cornering when your side wall flexes. I think so. I have also heard them referred to as bead protectors.
I know I did not answer your question completely, but hope I pointed you in the right direction.

I believe what you are talking about is a "lip" of rubber that juts out just in front of the rim (stock or otherwise), and yes they are for protection. Now, tires on a Honda? Are they really low profile tires? Does that lip protect a rim edge under hard cornering when your side wall flexes. I think so. I have also heard them referred to as bead protectors.
I know I did not answer your question completely, but hope I pointed you in the right direction.
Yes u did thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom