Tire Rubbing on 2009 LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok Guys
Background- New to the forum, officially, but have been reading for years. I appreciate all the data and wealth of information and willingness to help others that don't do this every day. I have had a 2004 lx470 and now have a 2007 lx470 that Im handing over to my 16 year old.

Problem- I have recently acquired a 2009LX and after reading multiple threads on the forum believed that I could run 285-55-20s. Just put these Nitto Trail Grapps on and they bad rub in N and sometimes in High... It had these aftermarket black wheels on it when i purchased it and I don't love the offset as I will be throwing some mud on the quarter panels and don't want to destroy the paint. I had to remove the front mud flaps already and would like to not have to do any cutting. What options are you seeing to keep the factory bumper?

1) any suggestions on how to get a little lift on these other than resetting the sensor, and if I do that will it even help with the rubbing?

2) Do you think these wheels are causing the problem? If so would the factory wheels potentially help?

3) what is the best way to keep this in High over 20MPH and what steps should i take to put the suspension system back in good shape i.e. spacers, springs, etc to compensate for the increased pressure on the AHC system?

LX Front Rub HIGH.jpg

LX Front Rub.jpg

LX Front Tire Rub Bumper.jpg

LX Front Tire.jpg

LX Front Tire.jpg

20” wheels may work fine for paved roads, but with your sized wheel wells, your choice in tires is severely limited. I would drop to 17” wheels and also drop a size or two in tire height. That’ll give you better clearance and better off road performance. Might even give you a smoother ride on pavement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom