DiamondRax roof rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently bought a roof rack from DiamondRax (DiamondRax - Roof Racks - Con-ferr Style). I opted for a 3/4 length platform rack and I got a set of their gutter mounts as well. I am very pleased with the rack. It was much lighter than I was expecting. I didn't get a chance to weigh it, but I think I could have installed it myself. I used it this weekend to take the family camping up at Big Bear. The rack held up as expected. No wind noise at all.

I will also add that their customer service was excellent. They're local guys up in Arrowhead. When I ordered mine, I got a discount by mentioned that I was referred to them through MUD. Although, I didn't have a definite due date, I wanted it to use this past weekend. The production process got a little bit delayed. And I thought for a minute that they wouldn't be able to come through in time. But I was wrong. Greg, didn't make any excuses. He just said it would be done and he offered to drive it to my place and install it Thursday afternoon. I was pretty surprised and very pleased.

I'd also add that they are willing to modify to designed on their website. Just tell them what you want. Price was pretty good too.
IMG_0351.jpg
IMG_0352.jpg

Nice rack! :D Very clean looking and sits low, I like it!

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with it. Came out nice. Real good deal for well under $500. That included the mounts and powder coating.

Yes very low and clean looking. Looks really nice.

Do you live in the Orangecrest area of Riverside? That street looks familiar. If so I only live about 2 miles from you. Your rig also looks familiar but I am seeing more and more 80s in my area now so maybe I have it confused.

Do you live in the Orangecrest area of Riverside? That street looks familiar. If so I only live about 2 miles from you. Your rig also looks familiar but I am seeing more and more 80s in my area now so maybe I have it confused.

Yeah, you may have seen me rolling around up there behind King high.

With this rack, will the mounting feet adjust lower so that the rack is almost sitting flush with the runners on the roof?

Nice roof rack. Greg is a good guy, I've had the chance to meet him before. I have their Axe Shovel mounts as well as the Hi Lift mount, and the "Triple Dogs" rain gutter supports. Quality stuff. Well made.

I recently bought a roof rack from DiamondRax (DiamondRax - Roof Racks - Con-ferr Style). I opted for a 3/4 length platform rack and I got a set of their gutter mounts as well. I am very pleased with the rack. It was much lighter than I was expecting. I didn't get a chance to weigh it, but I think I could have installed it myself. I used it this weekend to take the family camping up at Big Bear. The rack held up as expected. No wind noise at all.

I will also add that their customer service was excellent. They're local guys up in Arrowhead. When I ordered mine, I got a discount by mentioned that I was referred to them through MUD. Although, I didn't have a definite due date, I wanted it to use this past weekend. The production process got a little bit delayed. And I thought for a minute that they wouldn't be able to come through in time. But I was wrong. Greg, didn't make any excuses. He just said it would be done and he offered to drive it to my place and install it Thursday afternoon. I was pretty surprised and very pleased.

I'd also add that they are willing to modify to designed on their website. Just tell them what you want. Price was pretty good too.

With this rack, will the mounting feet adjust lower so that the rack is almost sitting flush with the runners on the roof?

Not with the clamps that Orionkhan is running. Since his purchase, though, we've introduced our new "Bulldog 2.0" heavy duty rain gutter clamp which is available with a "shorty" version of the upper bracket that will drop the rack down closer to the runners.

Here's some pics of them in use. This customer just bought the Bulldog 2.0 clamps (with the shorty upper brackets) and welded them to crossbars of his own to mount his RTT.

This is a message I received from him (in his own words):

""Here are some pictures of the roof rack for my RTT, the main goal was to keep it simple yet strong. As you can see it doesn’t get much simpler than this. Also your shorty brackets were the perfect height! in the lowest position the cross members just rested on the middle two roof rungs on the landcruiser. The strength of the brackets and cross bars take up most of the load and then the roof is just there for additional support. Also this way the rack is as low as it can possibly be."

6241342570_a75cd8cbc0_z.jpg

6241342534_e223df133c_z.jpg

6240826383_d87f8ea153_z.jpg

Hope that helps! :)

Nice roof rack. Greg is a good guy, I've had the chance to meet him before. I have their Axe Shovel mounts as well as the Hi Lift mount, and the "Triple Dogs" rain gutter supports. Quality stuff. Well made.

Thanks James! :beer: (there's no icon for "sipping" tequilla ;))

Cruiserstuff that rack looks awesome. I want something as low profile as possible. What length is Orionkhans rack?

I'm tired of camping with my inside packed full of stuff. I even pack light, but those chairs and sleeping bags, pads, ect get bulky.

Nice! I wonder if it's available with taller mounts, in order to keep the factory rails on an 80?

Heres Gregs information. I just placed a order for 3 racks and 18 feet from Greg. Great guy to deal with and right now he might be able to offer you special group buy/volume pricing. I cant disclose the prices, you will need to contact Greg.

FYI he gave me a great deal on this so it might be a good time to buy. Especially with tax return $$
And for you Socal guys this will be a AWESOME deal since you wont have to drive too far. Payment most likely will have to be done by check to save him the Paypal fees.

info@diamondrax.com 909.534.8183

is there a 100 series rack? Very interested!

You betcha! Of course, since there's no rain gutters on the 100's, we need to mount the rack to the holes for the factory roof rails.

Or we can buld brackets to allow the rack to attach to the factory rails, if you'd prefer that.

PM me if you want to go over details, prices, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom