Feb Mud/Snow run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woooody

el Jefe
Threads
I saw that we had the date on the calendar:

February 16- Pillsbury Mud & Snow Run Lake Pillsbury 8:45 am, Leave at 9:00am
from the Air Strip (Don Gatton will track weather and road closures for us)

I'm promising the group that I have the winch installed, and will carry a spare antenna. :)

Big Jim and I were talking the other day about this....thinking about taking your route and making it a snow run...probably an hours drive beyond Pillsbury. Ross...I see no promise of not running off on some side roads by yourself, without telling anyone...;)

Feb Snow RUN

I second Don's Motion to take a group up around the Back of Hull Mountain, we had a great time rescuing the Snow Turtle Last year. I know I enjoyed the Scenery up the M6 Road and along the River, Don told me about another Trail up and over the Mountain, We could check out that trail to.

I'm planning on joining y'all for my first PMC trail run! I look forward to meeting everyon on the trail. I'll be heading up Saturday morning from Novato if anyone is interested in caravaning.

Seth

I was planning to leave from Santa Rosa around 6:AM,how does that work for you?:steer:

That would work great. That's right when I plan on passing thru. Where would you like to meet up at?

don't matter to me,how about something like "in and out burger" at the Steel lane exit off of 101 (a local landmark)?

I stopped by the NF office and picked up a handfull of trail maps. If you received one last year please remember to bring it with you. There will be mud and snow this year, even as dry as it's been.

On a side note...looks like Court and I will be in one rig. I finally discovered the cracked frame that has been giving Red problems for years. I'm tickled as it means both 40's will be on Rubithon.

see ya all on Saturday

Cancel that one rig crap...little red just needs a few bolts and we're good to go...Big THANK YOU to Big Jim for his 2nd opinion and a nice little piece of 1/4" plate to fix things up....Thank you Jim...Lake Co. appreciates you in more ways than one already.

I might be making the drive up from Pacifica. Did I hear some folks are meeting at the in-n-out at Steel Lane at 6am? Do many folks spend the night? (besides Ross).

two of us are meeting @ in-n-out/steel lane exit,6:AM,anyone else is welcome to join. just please don't be too late.

Last edited:
On my way... Hopefully I'll have time to grab breakfast at Blue Bird in Hopland

Ross that is very cool.
Ben and I bailed. I got home late last night.
So we took a quick trip down to the Carnegie obsticle course to break in my new OME springs on the FJ40.

Post up pictures of your day.
Someone email a recap of the day for the newsletter.

Dave

This year's Pillsbury trip could be called "the Dust & Snow Run".Thanks again Gunner.

011.jpg

003.jpg

009.jpg

That is cool Ross...now we'll always be able to find you ;)

I don't think I saw a camera out for pics but we did find some snow...and some loose bolts on Red :D
and everybody made it down to the airstrip before dark.I thought it was a fun trip.

I was nice to meet everyone, i had a great time. Here's some pics: IMG_3294.JPG

IMG_3295.JPG

IMG_3297.JPG

IMG_3294.JPG

IMG_3295.JPG

IMG_3297.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom