speaker sizes and recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 97 LC needs an audio update. Can anyone tell me the sizes of speakers in the LC and what recommendations you have that won't break the bank. Don't need a competition sound system, just want the sh!%%y blown speaker vibration sounds to go away. I see Pioneer TSG1643R recommended. Is that for front and rear doors?

Tim

'80 speakers

I got a great deal on rockford-fosgate power, 6.5 front and 4" rear on Amazon. I had to use some tin cutters to get the magnet through the hole in the sheet metal in the back door, but they were the best speaker for the money at the time so I didn't mind cutting some metal. Now I can turn the volume up to eleven and they still sound clean, even with the stock stereo.

Pioneer speakers

I installed the Pioneer TS-G1624R in my 96 FZJ80 front doors. It is an easy install but you will need to use some kind of gasket material so that the speaker does not interfere with the window. Search the threads, there is a post with pictures on how to do this. Parts Express has the speakers.

Sound wise the Pioneers are great. Seems like most of what you hear in the front seat comes from the front door speakers so I have not changed the rear door or other speakers.

Good luck with this.

If you are set on getting the speakers behind the stock grilles then the TS-G1624Rs are your best bet and are a pretty good improvement over the blown cone stockers.. BTDT..but I still wasn't satisfied with the sound.
If you want speakers that sound really good then ditch the stock grilles and go with the Polk DB651
ala https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/327663-front-door-speaker-upgrade.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom