Yet another speaker thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landtank

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
landtankproducts.com
For some time I have had a set of separates for my truck but they weren't quite the right size and too big a PITA to install so I never did get them in.

A few weeks ago my driver's door speaker took a dump, which turned out that the magnet fell off so now something had to be done.

I elected to go with Kenwood speakers.

Specifically:
KFC-XR601 in the front
KFC-XR501 in the rear

Super easy to install, for the most part. The fronts mount to the door panel with provided clips. Just remove the grill and drill 3 holes into the panel.

The rears mount the same way only you need to enlarge the opening in the door itself, not the panel. I did this by removing the 3 plastic nuts that the original speaker mounts to and then using a sapersaw with a metal cutting blade I connected to holes to make the opening larger. The metal here is rather thin and this job took no time at all.

The sound is great and these speaker have the ability to rotate the tweeters to better direct the sound from them. They can easily be found on Ebay right now.

Here is a pic of the finished install. Don't mind the Coke spill, that's my son's slot and he tends to be sloppy.

Last edited:
Do the front speakers mash against the front dash when you close the door?

Everything clears just fine. If you really push hard on the ones in the rear door with the window down you can get the rear of the speaker to touch the window mechanism. But thats not likely during normal use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom