Replaced rear hatch struts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've seen those ads on ebay australia and wondered how good they were....any feedback from our aussie mudders?
How does that price compare to Cdan's for oem?

Gord

I use a stick. I'm too cheap for new struts.

I just ordered mine - with a favorable exchange rate to AU$ they totaled under $63 shipped.

Edit: just received notice they are shipping today, seller has been excellent about communication. I'll post my impressions upon install.

Last edited:
Still wondering as a comparison what the Toy price is for oem?

IIRC they are the better part of $200 for a set.

I ordered some aftermarket ones, can't remember from who, but i'll check if i remember. they bolted on, but were a good inch and a half too short, so my hatch barely goes up. these were not universal ones, but the ones they listed for an 80 series. fortunately i'm short.

did you have that issue at all? are they the same length?

Tom,

Since there are seemingly some aftermarket struts around that are too short and yours appear to be correct length, could you post the actual part number? That will make others secure they're getting EXACTLY what you got versus a wrong size, etc. Thanks!

DougM

After taking it to the head 2 times, the 2nd time required 22 stitched, I decided to replace the Blown Rear Hatch Struts.

Bought them from these guys in AU for about $ 88 with shipping for the pair.

eBay Australia Shop - AUTO AND INDUSTRIAL GAS STRUTS: TOYOTA, HOLDEN, FORD

Great Quality, had them within 1 week. This is a definite recommendation.

Regards,

Tom

Tom,

Also curious if the hardware on the new struts was a direct/exact replacement or if you had to modify the new strut ends to fit the 80s hatch. EVERYONE I know who's bought new struts had to do modification to install them so this would be good news indeed.

DougM

Tom,

Also curious if the hardware on the new struts was a direct/exact replacement or if you had to modify the new strut ends to fit the 80s hatch. EVERYONE I know who's bought new struts had to do modification to install them so this would be good news indeed.

DougM

These are exact replicates in length and mounts of the OEM struts. Arrived in a week from Oz, $63 shipped US due to exchange rate. My hatch lifts itself again :D

These are exact replicates in length and mounts of the OEM struts. Arrived in a week from Oz, $63 shipped US due to exchange rate. My hatch lifts itself again :D

Good enough for Nay is good enough for me. I'm in...just ordered from eBay store.

Now I need to go sell some more stuff to put money back in the Paypal-cruiser-slush-fund.

-KK

Good enough for Nay is good enough for me. I'm in...just ordered from eBay store.

Now I need to go sell some more stuff to put money back in the Paypal-cruiser-slush-fund.

-KK

My Paypal-Cruiser-Slush-Fund is now near zero. I've been caught by :princess: trying to sell things I probably shouldn't be selling to replenish. :grinpimp:

It took me 15 minutes to bolt these up and I have a properly working hatch. Too sweet for the low coin compared to OEM.

Now it takes some effort to actually close the damn thing :hillbilly:

Just installed mine today. Like Nay posted, 1 to 1 replacement. Would definitely recommend.

Now the real test will be this winter at 20F or below. Almost got clobbered with my old set (even though they worked fairly well in warm weather)...I'm optimistic with the new ones.

-KK

I just got my set, they are even cheaper now, mine were like $54 shipped to my door, shipped Australian post, got them in like a week.

IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT THIS DO IT NOW!!!!! Don't wait cause this stuff is not gonna stay this cheap especialy with the exchange rate. Here is the exchange rate right now.

1 AUD = 0.642175 USD 1 USD = 1.55721 AUD

Buy Australian and save big...

Here is a link to some on right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOYOTA-LANDC...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:1|39:1|240:1318

Last edited:
Paid $105 for 2 OEM here in Japan.

Cheers :beer:

Wow makes me glad I got the ones from AU...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom