Reclining seat mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scottm

SILVER Star
Threads
DRTDuck said:
Here is the thread https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=14236&highlight=seat+mod

doesn't look like the pictures made the software transfer.

Catteldog, if get the pics maybe you could repost here for all.

Here's the before & after on the hinges, middle and rear seats. Red Xs on the pins to be removed. I ground the heads off, sounds like a cutting wheel on a Dremel works well too.
SeatHinges.JPG
SeatHingesMod.JPG

This is how far they'll go back. The mids lock into their normal position, then recline to this point with the recline lever, no stops between. The rears have multiple recline postions, headrests hit the rear window before full recline.
MidRecl.JPG
RearRecl.jpg

This will help enhance the "Warp Speed Mod" or make good use of the "Hole in your Roof"...aka Sunroof...HAHA!!

I wish I had that mod back in high school....

Medtro

They are there, but faint. The "X" is located on the pin adjacent to the coiled spring on the hinge

Joe

US hinge with the pin that restricts the recline on the right. The JDM market reclining hinge without the restricting pin and the toothed catch on the left.

^ very good picture above.

You can see that performing this mod does not allow you the freedom of adjustment that the JDM recliners have, as the USDM models have many less teeth to grab positions with.

You can probobly carve a few stops into the USDM recliners with a good dremel or other kind of saw though.

Japaneese Domestic Market

USDM= United States Domestic Market.

But why?

Wrench said:
I shoulda taken a pic of my wife & kids sleeping in them on our journeys. The best is with the middles folded up and rears reclined - it's a limo!

If I wanted a limo I would buy one....oh wait...I kinda am!!! :flipoff2:

Last edited:
Dan,

Which series is that W126 ? Looks like mine though (silver/gray). Congrats on the new purchase!!!

Frank.

300sdl

gents. the OP posted pics of a set (inner and outer) for back seats and for third row seats? where is the part to be removed? i didn't quite see this. also, both sets are the same? THANKS

View attachment 2481496

View attachment 2481497

Little bit of reading should help. This is from the first post.
Here's the before & after on the hinges, middle and rear seats. Red Xs on the pins to be removed. I ground the heads off, sounds like a cutting wheel on a Dremel works well too.

Little bit of reading should help. This is from the first post.
yah. i should have been more specific.
like the earlier poster here i can’t see any indicator in the pics so i d/l them to my desktop, enlarged them and posted detail shots looking for help trying to verify where the studs are.
i am also trying to verify if the third row and the back seat use different mechanisms (or not).

My recollecting is weak, but I see the red Xs on the first pic. They are the pins that stop the seats from reclining, just remove them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom