Dash Surround Replacement Solution (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As mention in a previous thread, I've been working towards providing a replacement and improvement over the existing OEM dash surround.

This is just a first model, to get the fitment right. After that, the possibilities for configurations are endless:

Whether you need a whole bank of switches....
A combination of switches and 12v sockets for accessories...
Or want the option of having just the basic surround so you can decided later what you want to add.

For those that don't have the Aussie Inclinometer and want a good place for your GPS display/mount, we have in mind to offer a mounting surface/plate that will cover the old cubbyhole and ash tray.

I'll have website up and running in the next few days that that I'll share once a few other things are finalized. I'll continue to update this thread as we go. Hopefully this is something you all could use!

Thanks guys!

3DSketch.jpg

IMG00020-20101112-2039.jpg

IMG00019-20101112-2032.jpg

Last edited:
Man....My head is burning with ideas now!
this is a great idea and has many possibilities and still allows room for personal touches too. Im interested to see more.:clap:

Very cool!

cool .. but I wish it was a 100% stock copy ... but keep us posted

Very very cool!

Definitely going to watch this one very closely. The dash plastic in my 62 is in many pieces from being removed, installed, abused, modified, and just brittleness from age over 21+ years. I'd LOVE to have a better alternative for the OEM dash plastic. After this you should see if you can do one up for the larger (gauge and radio bezel) plastic for a 62 :D

I should also add: are you beefing up the screw holes as much as you can? I think small aluminum or even thin steel inserts would be perfect, given those are the spots the old plastic always cracks and breaks first.

subscribed........

Nice work !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom