What's this part vol.2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can't find the name of this part. It appears to be some kind of vacuum item. It's on the Intake Manifold.

Any ideas?

Thanks once again!
whatsthispart2.jpg

If there are threee ports on it then it is used as a manifold vacuum source. The device is some sort of filter to keep junk from getting sucked into the intake. It's position 23265 (in the middle of the page) identified simply as "filter" in this schematic: http://www.sweetillusions.org/toyota/6.pdf

If there are threee ports on it then it is used as a manifold vacuum source. The device is some sort of filter to keep junk from getting sucked into the intake. It's position 23265 (in the middle of the page) identified simply as "filter" in this schematic: http://www.sweetillusions.org/toyota/6.pdf

Thanks 2mbb...as always, a wealth of knowledge.:beer:

It is a filter. If you pull it off, blow some air through it and cap off 3 of the holes and make sure it does not leak with a hand pump on the 4th one. After I cleaned mine out, I got the vacuum to come up a little on the 3 lines.

It is a filter. If you pull it off, blow some air through it and cap off 3 of the holes and make sure it does not leak with a hand pump on the 4th one. After I cleaned mine out, I got the vacuum to come up a little on the 3 lines.

Is there four holes on it? I thought it was only three.

If there are four, how do you determine which one to test for leakage? By hand pump do you mean a vacuum pump?

Thanks

Is there four holes on it? I thought it was only three.

If there are four, how do you determine which one to test for leakage? By hand pump do you mean a vacuum pump?

Thanks

There are 3 holes on top and one in the bottom that threads into manifold. Yes, a hand pump on the bottom one would work fine.

toyota officially calls it a "gas filter" which to me seems a bit misleading. i just bought a new one for my 60. here's the OE part number:

90917-11027

my rig is due for the dreaded california loaded mode smog test in may so i've started early by trying to make sure that everything is in good shape. i failed and got slapped with the "gross polluter" label the last time around. also found two of my VCVs were bad...tiny hairline cracks barely visible to the eye, but enough to prevent them from doing their job.

FYI for all of you californians. the smog tests have now added two more parts to the test: a visible tailpipe smoke test, (a purely subjective call made by the smog tech,) and a low pressure EVAP test.

they're going to apply pressure to the fuel filler and clamp off the vapor hose as close to the charcoal canister as they can. so basically all of your EVAP plumbing from the fuel tank neck all the way to the charcoal canister needs to be sound or else you will fail. the big irony here is that you could be clean as far as what's coming out of the tailpipe, but fail for a .040" inch leak in one of your EVAP lines.

CA Dep. Consumer Affairs- Bur. Automotive Repair - CA Dep. Consumer Affairs- Bur. Automotive Repair - Low Pressure Fuel Evaporative Testing

toyota officially calls it a "gas filter" which to me seems a bit misleading. i just bought a new one for my 60. here's the OE part number:

90917-11027

my rig is due for the dreaded california loaded mode smog test in may so i've started early by trying to make sure that everything is in good shape. i failed and got slapped with the "gross polluter" label the last time around. also found two of my VCVs were bad...tiny hairline cracks barely visible to the eye, but enough to prevent them from doing their job.

]

Let me know if you need any little valves or anything. I have collected quite a bit of extra smog parts. I have not heard about that new test.. thanks

90917-11027

FYI for all of you californians. the smog tests have now added two more parts to the test: a visible tailpipe smoke test, (a purely subjective call made by the smog tech,) and a low pressure EVAP test.

they're going to apply pressure to the fuel filler and clamp off the vapor hose as close to the charcoal canister as they can. so basically all of your EVAP plumbing from the fuel tank neck all the way to the charcoal canister needs to be sound or else you will fail. the big irony here is that you could be clean as far as what's coming out of the tailpipe, but fail for a .040" inch leak in one of your EVAP lines.

CA Dep. Consumer Affairs- Bur. Automotive Repair - CA Dep. Consumer Affairs- Bur. Automotive Repair - Low Pressure Fuel Evaporative Testing

Ugh...Gotta Love Kalifornia....So if youre EVAP hoses are a little brittle, there is a chance they're leak or break I guess.

Thanks for the part number.

Let me know if you need any little valves or anything. I have collected quite a bit of extra smog parts. I have not heard about that new test.. thanks

thanks for the offer but i too have amassed quite a collection of misc. smog related parts. you may want to keep them for being a fellow bay area resident, you may end up needing them.

btw, the BAR is really intent on getting rigs like ours off of the road. the new EVAP test only applies to cars with model years 1976 to 1995. how convenient that our 60/62 series fall right into that category...

Amurican buearacracy at its finest

They will eventually drive us all to some place like Wyoming or Montana. Maybe Hillary can save us.

What vacuum readings are you getting at the 3 lines coming off the "gas filter" referenced above? I'm checking various points along my vacuum system (and trying to figure out which part of the EGR system is not working right. Why does bypassing it make it run SO much better?)

I hooked my diagnostic vacuum gauge to the different ports on the fuel filter while driving around today. The most vacuum I get is about 8-9 inches while driving. I suspect this is too low, but I'm not sure.

"They will eventually drive us all to some place like Wyoming or Montana. Maybe Hillary can save us."

No, stay away, it's cold & windy here! You would hate it!

Thanks
-Wyo

Thanks for the heads up. I have to do mine next month. Yikes! :mad:

I've never understood the term gross polluter. Can the vehicles labeled that stay on road?

What vacuum readings are you getting at the 3 lines coming off the "gas filter" referenced above? I'm checking various points along my vacuum system (and trying to figure out which part of the EGR system is not working right. Why does bypassing it make it run SO much better?)

I hooked my diagnostic vacuum gauge to the different ports on the fuel filter while driving around today. The most vacuum I get is about 8-9 inches while driving. I suspect this is too low, but I'm not sure.

I haven't checked any readings as I haven't had time to even put my carb and intake/exhaust manifold back on.

When I do, I'll check it out!

FYI- I easily removed the "gas Filter", blew through it, ran some carb cleaner through it, and put it back on. I still get about 9 in Hg at idle. I'm assuming this is normal.

For reference, I also don't think it matters which vacuum hose you hook up where on the top of it- I think they all have the same vacuum. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Can the vehicles labeled that stay on road?

Yes, but eventually you have to pass to get your sticker for registration. I failed like four time as a "gross polluter" before I passed.

For reference, I also don't think it matters which vacuum hose you hook up where on the top of it- I think they all have the same vacuum. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That is right unless it is blocked above up top on one of the 3 connections but that is unlikely.

Right on, NoCal!

i really don't see how you guys live out there,lol.trade liberty for beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom