Any pics the the black steelie 17" FJC wheels on a 40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Then your turning radius will suffer. FJC wheels are over 4 1/2" of BS. Stock wheels are 3 1/2" BS. You might miss the TRE's with the 17" diam., but your tires will hit your springs before the stops hit. Especially with TSL tires, the knobs stick out even more and can hang up on leaves. I have been there with Tundra wheels, 16" diam. but same BS'ing.

Jeremy

Not to misdirect this thread but id like to see pics of any rim in 17" on a fj40 not just the fjcs. ? anyone?
sorry motoloco hope you dont mind? Its just that ive been looking to replace the 35" knobbys with something a little bigger and not to many manufacturers make tires in 15" rims over 35" . Walker evans web site has nice 17" wheels but kinda spendy.

picture on a frame

Here is a shot of my Work In Progress, no body yet...
DSC00414.JPG
DSC00415.JPG

Stock Tacoma wheels need 2" spacers to move the tier back out with. I have a trail set of Swampers that are 37X15.5 on stock 16" wheels and needed the spacers to get it to stock width.

I like both white out and black out. To each his own. Sometimes the white lettering looks great with the rigs color. If the rig is black, maybe not, but a white rig would work.

I REALLY like those Mojavi teflon rims, not sure about the white raised print though. They are black and aluminum, best of both worlds.

Yeah, I forgot to tell them to put the white lettering to the inside and don't feel like flipping them.

I guess I've got all the time in the world to do that.

I still think they look pretty bad ass.

AR

Here is mine before we stripped it down..Thses are the fj Cruiser steelies. Yes they do need spacers. I have 1.5 inch spacers behind these.
miks fj before strip.jpg
mikes fj.jpg

They aren't steelies but here are 17" Racelines on my 40.
n616153066_968095_6745.jpg

Not trying to hijack the thread so forgive me. Those Mojave Teflons look awesome... If I ran those with 33x12.5 would I still hit the springs? I can't run spacers here in NJ... they are illegal so my rim choice needs to be exact.

Nice looking rig, Isotel !! Do like the wheels as well.:beer:

The teflons won't last long on even a minor off road venture...I have 15" black AR767s I think they are, and the rim edge is beat to all crap from rocks...but all the marks come out with some persuasion...

I'd love to find some 16 or 17 inch steel wheels...they do look good in the pics posted...

I too run the Mojave's

I love these rims, they are 17" x 4.5 backspacing. Tires are 35 x 12.5

My favorite set up ever.....and I have not had any rubbing issues.
IMG_1749.jpg

I love these rims, they are 17" x 4.5 backspacing. Tires are 35 x 12.5

My favorite set up ever.....and I have not had any rubbing issues.

So the question is, do you rub the leaves? Did you have to put on longer steering stops? Did it ruin your turning radius?

EDIT: I need to read more carefully. Can you answer the last 2 questions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom