Builds ROTW My Yoda (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mark - CdnCruiser said:
That is a fantastic ride -- I will admit to looking for pics of your LC when I am trying to decide on anything.

Your 40 is what my 40 wants to be when it grows up :cool:

:cheers:

Mark

X2. That rig is definately my favorite out there.

srafj40 said:
Nice!

Have I seen this rig sitting at Manny's in Sahuarita/Green Valley?
Manuel’s Mexican Restaurant? Si!

Said in slow Jose Jemenez voice: Si, Manuel's.

I spent about 15 minutes looking it over.

Great looking cruiser!

I like the write up and hearing the story behind it. thanks for sharing!

Rezarf <><

What a sweetie!
:beer: :beer: :beer:

thanks from all the fellow cruiserheads for rebuilding after the accident, not crushing it. :cheers:

you've got a great looking rig.

headliner

what did you do for headliner. can't tell for sure looks like something besides the stock perforated type.

nmbuckaroo said:
what did you do for headliner. can't tell for sure looks like something besides the stock perforated type.
It is high quality plush automotive carpet. I'm still amazed at how they got that carpet to conform to all the curves and not have any wrinkles. It also helps reduce the heat coming through the roof. It has been installed for 4/5 years and looks like it did when first installed. That is saying a lot for glue that has to put up with 80 to 100 100+ degree days every summer.

What a great set-up you have! Fill us in on the auxilliary gas tank fuel door mod...that is a great feature! I am just tackling my 78 restoration and am always looking for new improvements along the way....the Jeep fill neck assembly has got to go before it "soils" my 40. Your skid is outstanding....I will be designing the same type set-up to guard my NV4500/non-split 4spd transfer assy. including protecting the parking brake assy.; I've already "tacoed" the disc parking brake and have gone back to the stock drum....it works better anyway. Kudos on a well thought out rig.

rockymking said:
What a great set-up you have! Fill us in on the auxilliary gas tank fuel door mod...that is a great feature! I am just tackling my 78 restoration and am always looking for new improvements along the way....the Jeep fill neck assembly has got to go before it "soils" my 40. Your skid is outstanding....I will be designing the same type set-up to guard my NV4500/non-split 4spd transfer assy. including protecting the parking brake assy.; I've already "tacoed" the disc parking brake and have gone back to the stock drum....it works better anyway. Kudos on a well thought out rig.
I'll post photos of the door (open and from the backside), filler neck, aux tank, fuel switching valve, dual filters and control switch tomorrow.

Rear Tank

Here are a group of photos of the rear tank, fuel filler, filters, fuel switching valve, tank selector and exhaust modifications. This is going to take 3 or 4 post to get all the images.
Fuel Filler 01.jpg
Fuel Filler 02.jpg
Fuel Filler 03R.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Here are some photos of the two filters, CM Filters, and the first of the rear tank. The first filter photo is for the rear tank and the second filter photo is for the factory tank, which is mounted to the same plate the fuel switching valve is mounted on. These are large racing filters that have replacable elements that come in 1 or 8 micron filtratration. Very large capacity and flow. If you look close at the third photo you will see a chrome spacer between the skid plate and the frame. This was done so the bolts could be properly tightened. Another modification I made was to the frame. I installed the A-T Series Insert, 3/8-16, from AVK which can be used with grade 8/metric class 12.9 screws due to the A-T Series high shear load capability. I think you can see how much easier it is to install and service the tank. I normally install these at my shop with a impact wrench and a field service kit for that size thread. I drive them until the impact wrench pulls the swage flush with the frame and then run a tap to clean up the threads, AVK Fasteners.
Filter 01.jpg
Filter 02.jpg
Rear Tank 01.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Photos of other items from a closer perspective. The coolant flush adapter, alternator (Mean Green) and alternator spacer.
Coolant Flush 01.jpg
Alternator 01.jpg
Alternator 02.jpg

Last edited:
The ARB Pump and the Aux fuse panel, Centech Fuse Panels, which also shows the K&N breather for the two axles.
ARB Pump 01.jpg
Aux Fuse Panel 01.jpg
Aux Fuse Panel 02.jpg

Last edited:
Photos of the rear bumper. You can also see the third brake light, which flashes, installed on the second photo.
Rear Bumper 01.jpg
78FJ40 Rear 01M.jpg
Rear Bumper 02.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom