My 1975 2F Holley Sniper Install…. (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are a few quick questions…
Can someone recommend a part number for the “Corvette fuel filter” to save some effort on a return line from the Sniper?
Can the return line be the vent line size hard line 3/16?

Here are a few quick questions…
Can someone recommend a part number for the “Corvette fuel filter” to save some effort on a return line from the Sniper?
Can the return line be the vent line size hard line 3/16?
I thought you bought the Mosley kit with that in it.

If you don’t have one just run a line from the Sniper. It’s not a big deal either way

I do have the Mosley kit…I don’t see that filter in it… I have some 3/8 ss tubing….too large?

Well, there was this little box in the corner of the garage….

IMG_2308.jpeg

Spent the afternoon doing some small stuff again…
Placed the coolant sensor in the head with the adapter
Spent an hour tweaking the bends for the fuel feed hardline
And while probably overkill, I ran the fuel pump power lead thru some expanded scuff guard on the way under the body and back up to the in tank Denso pump

IMG_2310.jpeg
IMG_2311.jpeg
IMG_2313.jpeg
IMG_2312.jpeg

Besides the Holley (Bosch) O2 sensor…are there other suitable O2 sensors that can be used to replace the Bosch unit without spending $145?

I think it may be nice to have it on hand in the event of a failure

Thank you !

Quick question for confirmation : Yellow wire from Sniper goes to TACH input on the DUI distributor .

I ordered your recommended accel 2 pin 170072 HEI connector for the distributor…that made things easy

I kinda know where I may need to go with this next step but I am looking for suggestions otherwise or an easier way out. Need to drill the hole for the O2 sensor. The FJ40 had 6 into 1 headers on it when I bought it. The 3 bolt flange is about 5” from the 6 pipes and goes straight out to an exhaust pipe fitted close to the frame rail and tub. Even a 90 degrees drill will have trouble getting in there.

I am thinking….. which will be better. (Remember I’m an older guy and endurance and strength are important factors).
1.) unbolt the flange take down the long exhaust …then drill and re mount
2.). Cutout a section of the long pipe and add a fitted joint with the O2 sensor fitted to it
3.) ???

IMG_2340.jpeg
IMG_2338.jpeg
IMG_2336.jpeg

Isn’t the Sniper using WB?
I was told the 2300 is too stupid to know the difference. Pretty much all the trucks I run have the Amazon one in it if it needed a replacement

I recently installed the Sniper and Hypertech ignition on my SBC (what a difference). Although you are installing on the 2F, there are similarities. First as I believed you already did, you can run any switched ignition on for the Pink wire as long as you run it through a relay coming straight from the battery, this eliminates a dirty wire issue. As important (at least on my 72), is that your pulling allot more amperage through your ampmeter. My 72 is only rated at 30 amps (not sure if a 75 is the same). Since your battery is requiring more amperage draw, primarily due to the high pressure fuel pump and any additional electrical accessories you may of added, which goes directly through your amp meter) you may be drawing more power than it or your wires can handle. I had to bypass the amp meter and run my alternator directly to the battery. Also need to make a change to the wire that fed the keyed ignition and a couple of non keyed fuses. I have a wire schematic of what I did if entrusted.

I kinda know where I may need to go with this next step but I am looking for suggestions otherwise or an easier way out. Need to drill the hole for the O2 sensor. The FJ40 had 6 into 1 headers on it when I bought it. The 3 bolt flange is about 5” from the 6 pipes and goes straight out to an exhaust pipe fitted close to the frame rail and tub. Even a 90 degrees drill will have trouble getting in there.

I am thinking….. which will be better. (Remember I’m an older guy and endurance and strength are important factors).
1.) unbolt the flange take down the long exhaust …then drill and re mount
2.). Cutout a section of the long pipe and add a fitted joint with the O2 sensor fitted to it
3.) ???

View attachment 3618868View attachment 3618869View attachment 3618870
I just unbolted the exhaust at manifold flange, drilled and used the supplied clamp for the O2 sensor. No problems.

I recently installed the Sniper and Hypertech ignition on my SBC (what a difference). Although you are installing on the 2F, there are similarities. First as I believed you already did, you can run any switched ignition on for the Pink wire as long as you run it through a relay coming straight from the battery, this eliminates a dirty wire issue. As important (at least on my 72), is that your pulling allot more amperage through your ampmeter. My 72 is only rated at 30 amps (not sure if a 75 is the same). Since your battery is requiring more amperage draw, primarily due to the high pressure fuel pump and any additional electrical accessories you may of added, which goes directly through your amp meter) you may be drawing more power than it or your wires can handle. I had to bypass the amp meter and run my alternator directly to the battery. Also need to make a change to the wire that fed the keyed ignition and a couple of non keyed fuses. I have a wire schematic of what I did if entrusted.
That would be terrific if you don’t mind…I would love to see it. I have not yet run that pink wire to a source. I had recently replaced my alternator with a Denso 45 amp… my 75 has a 30A dash gauge and wired thru the alternator

That would be terrific if you don’t mind…I would love to see it. I have not yet run that pink wire to a source. I had recently replaced my alternator with a Denso 45 amp… my 75 has a 30A dash gauge and wired thru the alternator
See the thread I started called “

1972 FJ40 V8 Conversion Wiring Harness Issue

when having a wiring issue, I included the schematics in it.

Run your pink wire to the power source that used to power your fuel solenoid on the OEM carb.

Your alternator should be fine. I’ve never had one not able to keep up with a sniper. Stock 40.

On the above thread, post 1 shows the original wiring schematic and post 7 shows what I did. Very easy and solved all my issues.

This is what I was talking about, you may be pulling the full 45 amps from the alternator through the undersized 30 amp gauge going back to the battery through your wiring harness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom