CSC Chat (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When I was looking at 4Runners on CL last year it was a lot of the same. About 2/3's were complete flakes or didn't respond. The other 1/3 were writing descriptions for some other mythical 4Runner and not the one they were selling. :lol:

Sounds like Business as usual on C/L. Trying to sell a set of Bose 301 Series III speakers and got the "Hey man your check is on the way I'll have a local guy pick them up". Sure. Emailed the jackwagon told him to have his "friend" bring cash. Shockingly, received no response.

I guess people (sellers) really are dumb enough or just that naive to think this will turn out well for them. As soon as the scammer gets their grubby hands on your stuff, you find out their "certified" check is worth whatever it was printed on. Sad.

That's a little close to home. I just hiked Humphrey's last Saturday. Last year around this time there were some campers killed up on the rim by a lightning strike.

This time of year I camp away from any rim. A few years ago we were camped on the Mogollon Rim north of Payson during the monsoon. We were at least 1/4 mile from the rim but the lightning strikes became so scary we all got in the Land Cruiser.

next topic: What is the deal with the "every day is flags at half mast day"?!
636015433414620626-AFP-552946159-82569780.JPG

I thought it was required narrow specific criteria for the flag to be at half mast? Half-mast - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't get me wrong, there are much bigger things to worry about but seems like back in the day, the flags would be at half mast only a few times a year and when it happened, everyone paid attention. Is it a product of our political correctness gone off track again? that every time someone passes that the flag is altered. Obama has ordered flags at half-staff more than any president in history
I can appreciate it especially if it was one of my family members! But...I bet the flag has been half mast more than full mast and seems excessive. Maybe make flagpoles twice as high to offset it? If there is a new standard, then maybe the rules need rewritten?

again, not a big deal but in the last couple years has almost been as much as I've seen in the last twenty years combined.. maybe I missed the memo?

The world is turning upside down, and going crazy with the information overload age.

We are to the north of the rim at 7,000' Good long thunder storm today. Lightening hitting close enough that we moved from the deck inside. Did cool it off to 63 degrees. Little cooler then the valley this morning.

next topic: What is the deal with the "every day is flags at half mast day"?!
636015433414620626-AFP-552946159-82569780.JPG

I thought it was required narrow specific criteria for the flag to be at half mast? Half-mast - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't get me wrong, there are much bigger things to worry about but seems like back in the day, the flags would be at half mast only a few times a year and when it happened, everyone paid attention. Is it a product of our political correctness gone off track again? that every time someone passes that the flag is altered. Obama has ordered flags at half-staff more than any president in history
I can appreciate it especially if it was one of my family members! But...I bet the flag has been half mast more than full mast and seems excessive. Maybe make flagpoles twice as high to offset it? If there is a new standard, then maybe the rules need rewritten?

again, not a big deal but in the last couple years has almost been as much as I've seen in the last twenty years combined.. maybe I missed the memo?

I agree Murf, I fully believe the use of this should be restrained but, in our politically correct world, they will be doing this if you have a hang nail in the not too distant future. It definitely cheapens the meaning and intent of the national gesture.

Second day and another thunderstorm. This time with heavier rain. Same results with temperature. Left a small Bluegrass festival just shortly before it hit. Hopefully the weather is just as nice north of the canyon for monthly run.

Poachers.....

Nice to see this dumbass caught and spanked hard.AZGFD.gov Tucson man convicted of poaching multiple javelina and mule deer

Too bad it wasn't more harsh. and I think you were very kind by only calling him a dumbass. I have no use for "hunters" such as this, they are nothing short of low life trash. I can understand taking wildlife illegally, if you were trying to feed yourself or your family, but, it appears he just wanted to kill something and left the animal to waste. Truly a disgusting individual...

Today's Topic: Mystery on Craigslist :hillbilly:.

CL seems to dominate as the number one medium in the private sales source so its popular and with the acknowledged squirrely stuff that comes with it.

So....after a while you figure out what a fishing scam ad looks like and avoid those. But, what about the normal ads? My challenge that I can't seem to wrap my head around is why would someone be trying to sell something then make it impossible to communicate or get feedback. Funner (Brian) and I had this talk a while back and there was of much uncontrollable eye rolling :rolleyes:.

In looking for a car for my daughter I was amazed at the number of people that I couldnt reach or get a call or email back from. Too much of a hassle?

The most frequent challenge was the person whose phone voicemail was full, but they also didn't respond to email. Some of these were the first day of the ad even?!

In the end I found a great car and deal with a normal human and moved on. Had someone else just tell me the same thing on an older Landcruiser search he has been on.

Anyone else get this weirdness too?

we had totally the same experience when we searched for a car for the student we are hosting for the next 5 months - in Baton Rouge, most of the car ads are placed by dealers disguising as private parties :mad:

Any Lindsey Stirling fans?

We just booked tickets for the Nov 11th Centennial Hall concert.
In a venue near you;
Lindsey Stirling

I would not think 100 series Land Cruisers are easy to steal... First one I have ever heard of being stolen.

Tend to agree ^^^ Wonder what the back story is? Also, if it were mine, I'd be offering a touch more than 500...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom