CSC Chat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't have a search function on my phone but remember someone posting about their stolen 100 series. It was question how that could happen on a modern vehicle. Watching the news last night they showed video of a late model wrangler being stolen using a labtop. Guess crooks have figured a way to hack a vehicle's ECU. Suggested using the old school steering wheel lock. I'm able to take my FJ62 off the rim in over twelve years. I had just dug old some of my old steering wheel locks because would be parking it in a public place. I also have to remember to unlock the hubs. I undid the kill switch I had but maybe time to install one again.

Last edited:
Heard a story of a guy who fully restored a 1956 Chevy over many years of blood, sweat, and tears. He finally achieved his show car level goal and drove it proudly only on the weekends. He went into the store one day to come out to find it stolen - he was crushed and livid at the same time as he figured he would never see the car again because it was probably a professional job.

To his surprise, the police found it about an hour later abandoned at a gas station. Thankfully it was already almost out of gas so the thieves were on fumes and stopped to fill it up. They couldn't find the gas filler door to fill it up so they walked away. They didn't think to look in the taillight - lol. Young punks....

65f07c7611442fa502177202f87ea6d2.jpg

Remember that on the '53 Caddy, what a boat, after googling a fine specimen, wish I could have hung on to it. 40's though, seemed to fit my lifestyle.

Could be a great idea for an aftermarket anti theft option.:hmm:

Caddy.jpg

The one part I kept as a souvenir was an emblem..

100_1230.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the reminder, guess I will be enjoying my cup of morning joe out from under the porch tomorrow morning.:cool:

Heard a story of a guy who fully restored a 1956 Chevy over many years of blood, sweat, and tears. He finally achieved his show car level goal and drove it proudly only on the weekends. He went into the store one day to come out to find it stolen - he was crushed and livid at the same time as he figured he would never see the car again because it was probably a professional job.

To his surprise, the police found it about an hour later abandoned at a gas station. Thankfully it was already almost out of gas so the thieves were on fumes and stopped to fill it up. They couldn't find the gas filler door to fill it up so they walked away. They didn't think to look in the taillight - lol. Young punks....

View attachment 1304158

:doh:

3 big guys stopped by today wanted to buy my SUV. The SUV they drove had no license plate.
sounds perfectly normal :rolleyes:o_O

3 big guys stopped by today wanted to buy my SUV. The SUV they drove had no license plate.
Funny how selling something brings out strange folks...

The guy who bought my 4runner casually remarked that he was a caretaker for his grandma for a living... then he winked and said he really "slang whatever drugs people wanted" for a living. We were both carrying sidearms, but it was a bit of an awkward test drive after that. He bought it, didn't haggle, paid cash in full...

sounds perfectly normal :rolleyes:o_O

:lol: , I've had at least 4 offers on the Land Cruiser and 3 on the 4Runner in the past 3 months. The last one was for the 4Runner in the Home Depot parking lot in Show Low last week. Granted, these guys were normal sized.

From Jeremy Muir: Well folks, appears if you want to drive Soldier Pass in your own vehicle, you'll need to do it sooner than later. The FS has opted to close this trail to personal motorized traffic, but is still allowing exclusive commercial traffic - go figure, so much for 'public lands'.

Attachments

• CoverLetter.pdf
    63.4 KB · Views: 94
That's cool. "White Lexus Tours" is now accepting clients.

From Jeremy Muir: Well folks, appears if you want to drive Soldier Pass in your own vehicle, you'll need to do it sooner than later. The FS has opted to close this trail to personal motorized traffic, but is still allowing exclusive commercial traffic - go figure, so much for 'public lands'.

Let's hear it for the Pink Heep monopoly :mad:

Evidently they have the political clout and favor of the USDA. I would bet this all boils from the side-by-side golf cart rentals.

No Pink Jeeps on Soldier's Pass. Pretty sure it is Red Rock Jeep Tours (a smaller, yet similar company).

There was a comment period and series of petitions attached to this topic. Unfortunately, no good came of it :(

One last CSC run before they close it?

Soldier's Pass is a really short in and out trail, not good for a group of more than 3 rigs at a time. It takes only 45' to an hour at a relaxed pace. It is pretty for sure, but going the way of other Sedona 4x4 trails: neutered and closed. It already is limited to certain hours of the day (9-6 if I recall), but I gather that was not enough for the local residents. I would guess that the prevalence of obnoxiously loud rental Tomcars did this trail in.

No Pink Jeeps on Soldier's Pass. Pretty sure it is Red Rock Jeep Tours (a smaller, yet similar company).

There was a comment period and series of petitions attached to this topic. Unfortunately, no good came of it :(

I took the time to comment. My name is even in the big report as one of the many that did. So I will give them credit for crediting all of those that sent in feedback. Too bad they just sat around the campfire with Red Rock Jeeps tours and said don't worry we will give it to you. I guarantee that Broken Arrow is next. Best thing for you to do is NOT spend your money in Sedona. These folks want your money but they really don't want you to be there destroying their "peace."

I am not a fan of this area, obviously, but I also believe in fair access for all. That will continue to get ignored.

My neighbor just sold his running, driving 1965 all-original FJ40 for $1200. Went on CL and was sold in 10'. I am not surprised. It is in kinda rough shape, but still, ask me first!!!

I took the time to comment. My name is even in the big report as one of the many that did. So I will give them credit for crediting all of those that sent in feedback. Too bad they just sat around the campfire with Red Rock Jeeps tours and said don't worry we will give it to you. I guarantee that Broken Arrow is next. Best thing for you to do is NOT spend your money in Sedona. These folks want your money but they really don't want you to be there destroying their "peace."

I am not a fan of this area, obviously, but I also believe in fair access for all. That will continue to get ignored.
Is there a broken arrow foundation like rubicon trail has?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom