ZERKS!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know why they're called "zerks" (brand name like "Band Aid")?

I've always called them grease fittings.:hmm:

Anyone know why they're called "zerks" (brand name like "Band Aid")?

I've always called them grease fittings.:hmm:
Howdy! Invented and patented in 1929 by Oscar Zirk, patent originally held by Alemite. John

Sorry to clutter forum space...

Howdy! Invented and patented in 1929 by Oscar Zirk, patent originally held by Alemite. John

Shoulda Wkipedia'd myself!

Thx!

Shoulda Wkipedia'd myself!

Thx!
Howdy! Yea, ya caught me! Well, kinda. I was pretty sure it was named after the inventor, but I just didn't remember all the details. I used to to a lot of reading about all the mechanical inventions/developments of the early 1900s. It was an amazing period for machines in general. One of my kids did a term paper on one of our relatives, Charles F. Kettering, and that got me interested in that era. He held more patents than anyone else in the US, except Thomas Edison. Nobody's ever heard of him or the hundreds of other inventors of the Mechanical Age. The stories are really pretty amazing. John

Howdy! Yea, ya caught me! Well, kinda. I was pretty sure it was named after the inventor, but I just didn't remember all the details. I used to to a lot of reading about all the mechanical inventions/developments of the early 1900s. It was an amazing period for machines in general. One of my kids did a term paper on one of our relatives, Charles F. Kettering, and that got me interested in that era. He held more patents than anyone else in the US, except Thomas Edison. Nobody's ever heard of him or the hundreds of other inventors of the Mechanical Age. The stories are really pretty amazing. John

Funny-I was just in Chandler from Thursday to last Monday @ the Ocitillo Holiday Inn. History is facinating. I'll now spell Zirks correctly!

Would you belive I live only about 4 miles from there? John

Arizona

Would you belive I live only about 4 miles from there? John

Didn't see too many rigs out there. Only 3 (stock).

Spent most of my time around Chandler, Phoenix & Tempe...saw more Hummers and a ton of built Jeeps...

Didn't see too many rigs out there. Only 3 (stock).

Spent most of my time around Chandler, Phoenix & Tempe...saw more Hummers and a ton of built Jeeps...
We have 2 active Landcruiser clubs here in the Valley. Send up a flare next time your in town. Might find you a right seat so you can enjoy our Dry Heat!?!? John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom