Yyyyaaaaa snow!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lol well it is fairly obvious that I am going to have to run 4wd when there is fresh stuff on the ground with these tires. Was slipping quite a bit until I engaged the 4wd. Guess it am going to end up waiting on new tires until I can get some new 16" rims since it seems like the selection for decent A/Ts in 15" is becoming ever more limited.

Starting to sound a lot like it's getting close to a snow run...

Tires make all the difference. Not sure how you feel about BFG A/T's, but their 33x10.50R15 is a very nice size for 60 series wagons. And they fit on the stock rims.

Jack

Yeah I was thinking about going with the 33s as I will eventually put a 2.5" lift on it. Only problem is in the meantime, as I am focusing more on the drivability and getting her a good baseline, I am wondering if I will run into any adverse problems with the 33s on a stock, sagging suspension.

Was looking at just doing a somewhat middle of the road with a cheaper set of 31s like the Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10, which have been getting really good reviews and can be had from Discount Tire for $130/ea. Then once those die in a few years I will definitely have it baselined and more than likely have the lift completed as well. Since I am a lowly state worker, funds are tight on doing things to her.

I plan on being at the monthly meeting tomorrow night so you guys are welcome to take a look and give some feedback. She definitely has some rust spots that will need to be taken care of next year once the weather is nice. My BIL has been talking about wanting to take some welding classes from the WNC so we may do that together so we can learn to weld (he is a master plumber that is just starting his business here in N.NV so the welding can definitely help him more than me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom