Xmas Swag (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
So what kind of goodies did you guys get for Xmas?
I got a Tuffy center console for the FJ60.

So what kind of goodies did you guys get for Xmas?
I got a Tuffy center console for the FJ60.

The pig is still at a body shop awaiting work...

The XJ got its new radiator, fan clutch, water pump, add a leafs, tie rod ends, etc...

I got pants.

ARB snatch block,Fiskers axe, Grote Par36- LED work light, Vision X 100W pencil lights, 16 NGK spark plugs (stupid Hemi) Mud flaps But still waiting for that unlimited gas gift card.

ken

JD2 baby!
DSC02428.jpg
DSC02431.jpg

The tube notcher is bad @ss! I want a tube bender and that damn Beaumont Metal Works belt sander (Thanks Spress...) so bad I can taste it.

Here's my swag story...

Christmas eve morning I woke up, got into the hundy and proceeded in picking up coffee and breakfast treats for the family. I returned home, enjoyed the morning and a few hours later the :princess: gets in the hundy to finish up some small holiday details.

Basking in the notion of a few hours of alone time, I retire to the computer room in what for sure is to be my last time surfing 'Mud for the next two days... Which lasts exactly long enough to log in to 'Mud before I get a text from the :princess:. Now I'm thinking to myself, I didn't even hear her drive away. Now, I haven't even picked up the effen phone yet. I'm just starring at it on the desk, face up. The front door flies open and she walks in saying "The hundy won't start and is making a weird noise."

I accuse her of using the wrong Toyota (All three of our vehicles are Tojo's) key and she's not amused in the slightest. I walk outside thinking 1. She used the wrong key. 2. I left it in drive and shut it off. No on both. I turn the key and in return am greeted to the "Click click" sound.

I throw the battery jumper/charger on it and still nothing. Now my luck with Tojo is well known. I start to assume the worse case scenario and call our local hundy expert Spresso. After a few well placed questions he assures me my battery or more specifically a cell in my battery is shot, therefore preventing my charger "No matter how many amps it has jereme" from working.

I call Sears and ask if they have a Die Hard Platinum available for the hundy and the next thing I know I'm driving the troopy to Sears. The place is dead. So dead, that as I'm walking in the door I'm greeted by last name (Taken over the phone when I reserved a battery) and within five minutes I'm walking out the door with a new battery (As the guy is ringing me up, I tell him this was not in my plans at all today and he just laughs and says that's what everybody has said today.

So while it blows that the old battery died, it was Sine Qua Non for the new DH Platinum. Which ultimately in our family means I'll sell the hundy soon. I've put these batteries in the 80, the Rover and the Excursion and have sold them all shortly after installing them... I'm hosed. :rolleyes:

So my Christmas swag entails a new battery and a Warn 8274 for the troopy.

The battery in my passat died on Xmas eve at work :hillbilly: I'm surprised that sears was open!

Jereme, here's the bender I have. Its a professional quality bender for a REALLY good price. The dies are what get you in the end though...

Model 3 Manual or Hydraulic Tubing Bender at Van Sant Enterprises, Inc.

You can buy the engine hoist air/hydro ram at harbor freight for $90 and be done with the Mr. Rowboat action too.

JD2 Model 3 Ram adapter. - OFN Forums

I like the JD2 for sure. Your mount in that thread is killer. Your fab skills have become very impressive.

So while it blows that the old battery died, it was Sine Qua Non for the new DH Platinum. Which ultimately in our family means I'll sell the hundy soon. I've put these batteries in the 80, the Rover and the Excursion and have sold them all shortly after installing them... I'm hosed. :rolleyes:

QUOTE]

Gee, that sounds like me. I like to put new tires on mine before I sell them.:doh: This time, I only put two Sears Platinums in the 80 before I sold it.:hillbilly:

Your fab skills have become very impressive.

No kidding, I might have to employ him when it comes time to build sliders for the chevy.

Besides the truck, I got a cool rechargeable LED work light that will stand on it's own, hang or has magnets to put it into place (Craftsman) and it is very bright.

Jack

I got to spend time with family in another state for x-mas. This year, that's more important than wheeling stuff.

I know, I know.....Blasphemy you say.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom