Wurth brand, spray on "Stone Guard" product. Any Experience? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
G'Day Fella's,

I recently received a quote to spray the inner guards and sills on my TLC with "Speedliner" product ......... and I'm still in shock.
As much as I like my old Battle Cruiser, paying $650.00 (Aust $) for the four corners, and then extra for the sills, was just to much. I forgot to mention, I was going to do all the clean up and preparation work on this, not them, that was extra $ !

So I Googled up a few products which included Wurth brand, "Stone Guard" product, in a pressure pack; Wurth Stone Guard Spray
Do any of you good people, have any experience with this product (or other products), and was that Good or Bad?

Looking forward to your replies.

Avagreatweekendeh!
Homer

Here in the states, you can pick up some similar type bed liner at any of the auto parts or home depot type stores. A lot cheaper and you can do it yourself.:beer:

Homer if you can, I’d check out the Monstaliner thread in this forum.

Quite frankly the entire belly of my truck is done with it. Once it cures, hammer strikes don’t even scratch it.

Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner outperforms Herculiner Bed Liner, Duplicolor and Rustoleum Road Warrior

Application is easy and it sets pretty quickly.

Some of the “over the counter” liners / stone guards are of an inferior quality, you get what you pay for, buy a couple gallons of monstaliner and roll it on yourself

Thank You for that Eastern Yeti.
I'll have a read and see if the export to Oz.

Regards
Homer

Probably too late, but I used Worth SKS almost 17 years ago on the underside (removed from frame) and floors of my FJ40 tub and it's still there after much abuse, lots of sunshine, fuel spills, etc.etc. Very durable, a lot less build up (it is used as stone guard on high end cars) than typical liners, and easy to apply with a shutz gun. Like anything prep and covering anything you don't want over spray on is critical.

No it's not to late Sputnik40, and thank you for your advice and experience with this product.
Earlier this week, my business account with Wurth was confirmed, so I was looking at placing an order, some time soon.
I'll look up the SKS product, and see if it is still available.

Avagreatweekendeh!
Homer

G'Day Fella's,

Thanks again Sputnik40!
Yesterday, the Wurth area manager (GK) dropped in to have a look, and get me to sign up on some paper work.

I explained to him what I was looking for and quoted the Wurth SKS product, and your experience with it.
He looked it up and FYI, it is still available but now referred to as "Stone Impact Protection" (part# STNIMPPROT-BLACK-1000ML).
This come in both pressure pack or as I purchased it, in 1 liter bottles, that require a separate Spray Gun (Part# UBSSPRGUN-R1/4IN-BOTTLE-1LTR), for it's application (or you could apply it with a paint brush or small paint roller).

FYI, the Stone Impact Protection cost $40.00 (AU$) per liter, which is a whole lot less than the Speed Liner product, I was initially quoted a price on!

Hope that helps some other Mudders.

D'oh!
Homer

Last edited:
G'Day Fella's,

Further to this and FYI (please note the "Original Formulation", which I assume means "SKS"?).

D'oh!
Homer

DSCN2505.JPG

DSCN2510.JPG

G'Day Fella's,

Futher to this, I have now (maybe that should be Finally), applied the Wurth product, to all four wheel wells, of the Battle Cruiser.

After the inside of the wheel well, had been scrubbed (with a scrubbing brush and dish washing detergent) ........... it's Very White in there! First time it's seen the sun, in almost 30 years!

Before, RHS Rear.

After scrapping off the loose original factor finish, LHS Rear.

After the Wurth product was applied (Multiple coats), RHS Rear.

I also masked off and applied the Wurth product, around the exterior, around the wheel arches and rear of guard.

Avagreatweekendeh!
Homer

Last edited:
Here's some more images ......

You can see here, where I have also applied the Wurth product, around the outside of the wheel arch and the forward part of the guard.

Ditto .........................

I also applied the Wurth product, to the chassis rails and other chassis/frame brackets, etc, in each wheel well.

FYI. I applied multiple coats (x 3), to each of the four wheel wells, chassis rails, etc.
To give you an idea of how much to order, this used up 3 1/2 bottles of the Wurth product.

Also, and FYI, once this product was completely dry, it actually feels like it's some kind of Plastic.
It's still just a little bit soft and flexible, which I imagine, is a good thing.

Anyway, Homer is a Happy Chappy!

Hope that helps

Avagreatweekendeh!
Homer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom