WTB: Mitchell1 books (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.linkedin.com
18Nov2003 (UTC -7)

If you know of Mitchell1 books, specifically Mechanical Labor & Parts estimation manuals for import cars, I'd be interested in buying. Please e-mail me at <drexx @ i-manil a.com .ph>.

*Yeah, I checked www.ebay.com but the stuff being sold there is old!

Drexx, Toyota puts out a book called T-Tips(Toyota Total Information Pricing System), it's a esitmating guide, has times, part number and prices, the one I have is from 1991-2001. Covers most all maintence and service(minor and major) Really cool! even tells you the skill level.

John H

[quote author=Gumby link=board=5;threadid=7702;start=msg64917#msg64917 date=1069211991]
A lot of those books are old. Most everyone has switched to MitchellOnline, or Somedata.
[/quote]

What is Mitchell Online and Somedata? Tried to yahoo them, but can't find anything to do autos really. Sounds like it might be my kind of resource though. How do I find out more?

21Nov2003 (UTC -8)

[quote author=Gumby link=board=5;threadid=7702;start=msg66298#msg66298 date=1069453312]
Somedata is what us mechanics call AllData. It was one of the first computer based referance systems. It's what I now have online. Costs me about $2000 for the first year and $900 each year after that.

Mitchellonline is similar.
[/quote]

I guess if you bought 'em every year they must be very good? Why Alldata and not Mitchell1? Do they really have all the factory specs (i.e. torque settings, procedures, factory fluid recommendations, etc.) ? I see Toyota dealers here in our area use Mitchell1 for estimating labor times, and while www.taprecycling.com uses it for parts ID.

21Nov2003 (UTC -8)

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=5;threadid=7702;start=msg65108#msg65108 date=1069257620]
Drexx, Toyota puts out a book called T-Tips(Toyota Total Information Pricing System), it's a esitmating guide, has times, part number and prices, the one I have is from 1991-2001. Covers most all maintence and service(minor and major) Really cool! even tells you the skill level.
[/quote]

Thanks dude! But it seems that this document is unobtainable, like some of their Toyota SST's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom