SOLD WTB: FJ60/62 Project/1st FJ Bay Area CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Hello,

I'm finally looking (after years of thinking about it, and reading through tons of build threads here, and I finally have a garage I can use) to get my first Cruiser. Ideally a 60/62 fixer upper, that I can work on over time as a project, just have fun and learn with. Won't be my daily driver or anything.

Budget is basically $5-6k at the tip top end (I know I picked a bad time to finally pick one up with the market what it is, such is life). Would of course like to spend less so that I can afford more tools/materials to get started.

I'm in CA so something with the smog equipment still intact, beyond that hopefully something running and without a crazy amount of rust. I don't mind some body/roof rust, and obviously expect it with my budget, but I'm not looking to start cutting/welding the frame or anything too intense.

I don't want a crazy rock crawler, so something more "stock" is I guess what I'm after, but I can always pull/part out stuff I won't use so?...

If you've got anything that might fit the bill, or any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!

PS: Might decide to take on an FJ40 if I can't find a 60/62 that's within reach, so if you have one that might be a good fit, please feel free to reach out.

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm finally looking (after years of thinking about it, and reading through tons of build threads here, and I finally have a garage I can use) to get my first Cruiser. Ideally a 60/62 fixer upper, that I can work on over time as a project, just have fun and learn with. Won't be my daily driver or anything.

Budget is basically $5-6k at the tip top end (I know I picked a bad time to finally pick one up with the market what it is, such is life). Would of course like to spend less so that I can afford more tools/materials to get started.

I'm in CA so something with the smog equipment still intact, beyond that hopefully something running and without a crazy amount of rust. I don't mind some body/roof rust, and obviously expect it with my budget, but I'm not looking to start cutting/welding the frame or anything too intense.

I don't want a crazy rock crawler, so something more "stock" is I guess what I'm after, but I can always pull/part out stuff I won't use so?...

If you've got anything that might fit the bill, or any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!

PS: Might decide to take on an FJ40 if I can't find a 60/62 that's within reach, so if you have one that might be a good fit, please feel free to reach out.
I have kicked around selling my 85 project and buying a newer Lx470 .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom