WTB 80-series wheels, 1995 or later (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to buy a used set of wheels for the 80, 1995 or later, that use the shank-style lugs with the washers. Would like at least four. Anyone know of sources? I've been searching the classifieds on Mud and other places.

Thanks,

Brett

They pop up on ebay once in a while.

Willing to trade as well

I would also possibly be willing to trade 4 black-painted 80-series wheels for 4 stock clearcoated wheels, depending on condition.

i'll check ebay, too.

thanks!

Thanks! I sent questions about those--they take the other style of lugs from mine. I'm trying to avoid a mixed set.

Brett

How are the repairs coming?

They're coming. It's at least driveable again but I think I still have an issue with the rear axle--primarily with an oil seal I don't think the shop replaced after they had the axle pulled. I'm getting leakage around the axle flange that is streaking the wheel. So it's going back today for torque to be checked, etc. Of course the owner of the shop is on vacation this week and he's the one that did most of the work.

I do have a shiny brand new LC wheel--which is why I'm looking for four more. Seems a dang shame to blast and paint a brand new wheel so it matches the other four. A friend of mine has a sandblaster so I think we're going to sand blast one painted wheel to see what;s underneath and then make the call whether the new wheel is painted black to match or the other four are re-clearcoated.

I have a ton of tune-up parts coming--hopefully I'll be knee-deep in the beast this weekend--tune-up, starter, O2 sensors, spring swapping, etc.

Brett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom