Wanted WTB: 2003-09 4Runner Sport // thoughts on price? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi all!

About to buy my first 4Runner (first offroad vehicle, actually).

I'm looking for a Gen 4 (2003 - 2009) Sport that is near-stock, has been very well maintained, and has little or no rust. High mileage is fine, provided it has been well maintained.

I plan to do some mild upgrades (2" OME lift; AT tires) so that I can do some offroading but also use it on the road and for towing.

Please let me know if you have one you're willing to part with.

I've found one at a dealer about 500 miles away that fits the bill. It's a 2005 one-owner with 165k miles. The prior owner looks like they maintained it very well:

• Oil changes every 3-5k
  • Timing belt and water pump 125k (a bit late, I know)
  • Spark plugs, diff fluid, xfer case fluid, steering fluid flush at 90k
The dealer is asking $11k, which sounds fairly reasonable. Thoughts on that price? KBB is around $7k, but that's not market reality as far as I can tell.

I will take it for a PPI first, of course.

Thanks!

Oh, one other thing.

Assuming the PPI doesn't reveal anything, is there any major preventative maintenance I should plan on? (I plan to refresh the fluids when after I buy it.)

Thanks!

No issues with changing the timing belt late on the 2UZ as long as it didn't break and cause issues :)

If it is really clean, 11K sounds about right if Toyota as dealer.

If a no-name dealer like this one, here is a comparison at $<$10K, but not the V8 - you are also in CA, so stuff is prolly more expensive there.

Deep Red 2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport - V8 4x4 - 1 Owner

Check out the Bilstein 6112 front end vs OME. Love mine on my Tundra. I didn't love my OME on my 2004 4Runner.

47-260153 - BILSTEIN Truck & Off Road - B8 6112 Series Suspension Kit - Race Consulting Agency - PARTS | KNOWLEDGE | PASSION

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom