Wrenching (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bodean

Hot Damn
Threads
For those that care to see the process, Brian is hosting another front end rebuild on Saturday. I think they are installing a header on Tonys truck as well. Go check it out. I will make a late apperance if I can. I have to work in the AM and a wedding @ 2:00 so I hope there will be a beer left by the time I get there.

Later,

Is this the second time around for Tony's green machine? Hope you have two OEM gaskets so it won't leak!

Sorry. Can't make it. I'm takin apart a 62.

Lash

9am until-I get tired.

Gentlemen,

Had a very good time wrenching this saturday...thanks to everyone who showed up and helped work on my beeeatch...

Brian, thaks again and I'm sorry about that spot I left on your drivway!

Thanks for all of your help Brian. Unfortunately, still no love on the idle situation. She cranks, she runs, but she just won't idle without me tapping the skinny pedel. Any suggestions? Jeff and I have come to the conclusion that there must be a vacuum leak. Dammit!! I guess that I am going to have to order a new gasket and try again. It sounds like I will have a busy week when I get back from NH. :confused:

Tony before taking it back apart have the muffler installed & then with someone keeping it running spray carb cleaner & look for the leak. If all else fails, bring it back to my house on the trailer while your gone & I will work on it.

Propane works good too. Use a hand torch like for plumbing.

Could the missing muffler change back preasure enough to keep it from idling?

fj60guy said:
Tony before taking it back apart have the muffler installed & then with someone keeping it running spray carb cleaner & look for the leak. If all else fails, bring it back to my house on the trailer while your gone & I will work on it.

I was also wondering that??

The muffler shouldn't be the problem. I drove mine open header to the muffler shop with no problem. Sounded cool too! The policeman that pulled up beside me didn't think it was so funny.

Later,

Where are the pic from the party?

Well, my thinking is that installing the muffler may cause unnecessary cursing, throwing of wrenches, and excessive drinking if we have to take the header back off. I definitely appreciate the offer Brian, but I think that I am going to just hold off until I get back. If I return on schedule, I will have a week to get her ready for the ride. Some of that last minute wrenching to get us excited about the ride.

Thanks guys,

Is anyone else having problems posting pics on the site....??? I tried dragging, cut and paste, using the "insert image" key above and nothing works!!

OK, still not working,

I did the resizing thing, and when I drag the picture to this space, it takes pastes it somewhere out of the website!!!

This is ridiculous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom