Wrangler 5100 front shocks into back of fj? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been playing around with somebideas as always and just wondering if anyone has done the 4-5" wrangler 5100 bilstiens into the back of an fj, im looking for something longer for a bit more lift then what i have and want to stick with bilstiens if possible.

The lengths would be perfect for wat i want but not sure on valving, the bushes would be easy enough to swap.

Go for it and let me know. I can't decide between the bilstein 25-187809 or the ome 60071ls. I will be running the MT springs tho. I need to pick a front shock as well.

All info is from other site.

OME 60071L (approx $200pr)
Compressed... 15.23"
Extended......... 26.49"
Travel............... 11.25" (approx)

Bilstein 5160 part # 25-187809 (approx $350pr) Compressed... 16.44"
Extended......... 28.39"
Travel............... 11.95" (approx)

rear springs:
stock 15.125"
OME 16.25"
toytec 16.875"
metaltech 19.25"

Last edited:
Im just wondering how the valving would compare to the fj being jeep shocks

Last edited:
Im just wondering how the valving would comoare to the fj being jeep shocks
I'll call tomorrow. They are $184 on amazon and have lifetime warranty. Reading the firums the jeep guys bitch all bilsteins are stiff, which i think all jeeps ride that way.

Ye our bilsteins over here are the 4600 models, same internals, more expensive and painted yellow, but valved completely different to the 5100 as they are focused on vehicles kitted and loaded right up as touring or overlander vehicles rather then weekend warriors.

For example heres the metric valving for all the rear bilstien 4600s that fit the fj. My current rears are the 80 series (b46-1478lt)

Screenshot_20190709-075244.png

Compared to most brands ye, but it pays off on the black top, i think my springs are a bit soft for that rear rebound. Reliabillity wise though most people who use the 4600s swear by them for long term use, they are rebuildable but need to be sent to the other side of the country

Last edited:
Hey mate did you get to calling about the valving in the jeep shocks?

Something else im interested in is the front struts, i can match the superior brand rears to their front struts, both same design 2.0 compression adjustable and remote res and will bolt strait into an fj. Or i can use the 2.5 bilstein 6112 and jeep 5160 shocks.

Just too many descisions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom