Would this vehicle pass inspection? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my 100 series failed inspection a few months ago due to a rusty frame and brake lines. The rust did'nt seem horrible, and it seemed like it should pass inspection for everything other then brakes. What are your thoughts? Should I take it somewhere else to inspect it and see if it passes once the brake lines are fixed? Should I patch the rust? Pictures attatched/

Fix the brakes first. It looks like mostly surface rust from the pictures. Grab a screw driver and a wire wheel to check for rot. Brush on some POR-15 to stop the rust from getting worse. Presentation is everything when it comes to passing inspection. Good luck with round 2.

pics are kind of small and when I click on them I get redirected to google. What's up with that?
Try posting pics on MUD in full size.
I imported them from google photos because I took them on my phone. I dont know about any good ways to transfer photos from my phone to my computer to post them up here.

Log on to the site through your phone and then post them up as usual. If you know that you will be posting them on MUD drop the resolution down as the site has limits on the photos size. But the site was resently upgraded so that might have changed.

Log on to the site through your phone and then post them up as usual. If you know that you will be posting them on MUD drop the resolution down as the site has limits on the photos size. But the site was resently upgraded so that might have changed.
thanks!

Taking it somewhere else won't work anymore with the new inspection system. Unless there are obvious repairs or changes you'll still fail. Definitely get a wire brush and a rattle can or 10 if you're looking for a quick fix. Spray some FLuid Film inside the frame

That looks pretty bad. I'd take it to Toyota and see what they say. I know they have been covering Tundra and Tacoma frames on a case by case basis now.
sadly i'm pretty sure they only cover the Tundra and Tacoma due to the recalls on them. No recalls on the land cruiser

So someone off the 100 series section recommended the "rustoration" service from NH oil to derust my truck. I think theres too much under there though for that to be effective. Thoughts?

I've not been through this but I think it has more to do with the remaining metal than the rust itself. In MA if an inspection station were to sight you for bad brakes and enter it into the system, any future station would have to clear you for that issue. With something like frame rot, the accepted responsibility for doing so is rather high. I think the truck is toast.

Picking up an '05 LX in Florida in a few weeks during April vacation. 288K miles, one owner, no rust. The rusted '99 will become a dedicated trail rig at some point.

Just a few pictures of the truck I took from the listing. Picking it up this week
IMG_20190306_173125_176.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom