Would Anyone in the LA Area be Able to Store my 80 for a Few Months? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello fellow cruiserheads. I own a 94 FZJ80 and graduated from USC in May where I also commissioned as a 2LT in the Army via ROTC. A few months before I was supposed to leave to start active duty, the engine started making noise (I also found metal in the pan) and I’m pretty sure it’s going to need a timing chain (at least). I did not have the time or funds to deal with it and I’m planning on doing an engine swap anyway. I had to leave the cruiser behind in Los Angeles when I left for Virginia. It’s been parked on the street in a cul-de-sac ever since.

I’m currently back until January 5th tying up some loose ends, one of them being a place to store the 80. I’m looking at car storage places but they’re all really expensive. I’m willing to pay them if it comes down to that, but I figured I would reach out to the community to see if anyone could help a cruiserhead in need. I’m not expecting anyone to store it for free, but anything cheaper than the $200-250/month that storage places want would be cool. Even just a spot in a driveway, empty lot or a backyard would be fine.

I’m aiming to either come get it myself (I have a D350 with a Cummins I can tow it with) in March/April if I can get 2 weeks of leave approved to come to do that, or if it looks like that isn’t going to work out then I’ll just pay to have it transported back East. But you’d only be storing it until the end of April at the latest.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out!

Hey man, I PM'd you. Dont have a great solution, but will help out in some small way if I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom