wondering issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i put a lift on my fj now i am trying to see how other people have solved a wondering problem on their fj. looking for some help and a cure not real bad but enough to be annoying. any help would be great.

mostly my truck wonders:hmm: when (and why) I :steer: over waterfalls and boulder fields;)

I had the OME lift done about a year ago and had a small issue with wandering and a larger issue with decreased gas mileage. I finally had the alignment checked about 5 months after the OME install. The Toyo tech told me he had never seen a rig so far out of alignment as my FJ. I doubt the FJ came from the factory that way so I am assuming the lift install did-it. Could an alignment check be in order for your rig?

it eas alighned when the lift was installed. dont really know if it is wandering or it is just the roads i drive on pulling the fj in the direction of groves in the roads and some dips the new tires are 2 inches wider than the stock. mainly does it on concrete roads and not asphalt.

new tires are 2 inches wider than the stock. mainly does it on concrete roads and not asphalt.

If the roads have heavy wear from truck traffic the wider tire will try and climb out of the grooves in the road, I have a Corvette that is terrible on grooved roads and I don't notice it at all with my other vehicles.

Dave

I have the OME heavy/med lift and have no issues with wondering. I'm gonna be doing the UCA from DR or Total Chaos anyhow. You MUST realign the truck after you lift it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom