wiring diagram for radio (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a new radio and I need some help with wire ID. I need the pos and the neg

Thanks guys

I always use a test light or multi metre to find which wire I need to use.
Do you have access to one of those?

Just buy an aftermarket radio harness, it's plug n play.

I tried a DMM and it didn't show anything so I just wired used the pos from the amp and I grounded it out for the neg. and I just put a switch in for the ignition switch. all worked out :)

There should be wires in the harness easy enough to find.

You need a constant power (yellow), accesories trigger (red) earth (black) colours are for the aftermarket headunit wires.

Just get a multi metre or test light, and test each wire coming out of the old harness.
I'm not sure about what you've stated about the switch you have, and where you are running from your amp. Maybe be careful you dont end up with a power leak, or leaving the radio on when you dont want it. Also, the amp should get triggered by the bglue wire on the head unit, so it only turns on when the head unit is on.

Got any pictures, or maybe more explanation of what you've got, just sounds abit dicey the way you have described it, but I guess if you're happy, see how it goes :)

There should be wires in the harness easy enough to find.

You need a constant power (yellow), accesories trigger (red) earth (black) colours are for the aftermarket headunit wires.

Just get a multi metre or test light, and test each wire coming out of the old harness.
I'm not sure about what you've stated about the switch you have, and where you are running from your amp. Maybe be careful you dont end up with a power leak, or leaving the radio on when you dont want it. Also, the amp should get triggered by the bglue wire on the head unit, so it only turns on when the head unit is on.

Got any pictures, or maybe more explanation of what you've got, just sounds abit dicey the way you have described it, but I guess if you're happy, see how it goes :)

It is a s***ty job and I know it. I tried wire tracing w/ the MM and I couldn't find power so I just rigged it the way I did.
The last owner kinda messed sh!t up :\

Here are the toyota Radio Wiring Diragrams, hope this helps.
Radio1.jpg
Radio2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom