For Sale Winston-Salem, NC 1991 SR5 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 4Runner
Winston-Salem, North Carolina United States
Mileage
Color
Green
Hello Mud,

I have not been active on this site very much the last few years since I completed my FZJ80 diesel conversion. I just got my account unlocked and answered two years worth of P.M.'s, amazing how time flies.

I have been thinking about posting my 4runner on here for sale for a long time since I essentially never drive it, but sometimes its hard to part with a rig.

This 1991 4runner was purchased by me in 2008, it came from the Permian basin in Texas. It saw very limited winter action in Michigan and was mostly stored indoors but it is not 100% rust free. As any of my northern friends know, 400 grade stainless will rust in Michigan, one of the reasons why I no longer live there. Since I have my diesel swapped land cruiser I really have no need for this rig anymore and all it's doing is taking up space. I would love to see it go to a good home.

Being a disorganized individual I do not have any parts receipts to share with potential buyers, I hope my R2.8 FZJ80 build thread will provide enough evidence to anyone interested that this vehicle has been in good hands.

In an effort to be as upfront and honest as I possibly can, I'll start with the bad and get that out of the way right now.
  1. Right rear bumpstop is broken (s***ty toyota design that holds water and rusts out)
  2. Small dent on right front fender, paint not broken.
  3. Small amount of rust on left rear door above window (Another s***ty toyota design here)
  4. Left front door lower caulk line, small amount of rust
  5. Right rear door lower caulk line, samll amount of rust
  6. Windshield is cracked
  7. Battery is on its last legs and needs to be replaced soon
  8. Tires need balanced (Belle Tire Sucks!)
  9. AC needs to be charged
Now onto the good. As stated, any receipts that I had have been lost as the result of two moves, so keep that in mind. The only things that have not been opened up are as follows
  1. Front diff
  2. Steering box
  3. Rear diff
  4. Trans
  5. Xcase
The motor was rebuilt by autoparts machine shop in Ann Arbor Mi during the summer of 2017 or 2018, cannot remember at this point. All coolant hoses replaced with OEM, heavy flywheel with OEM clutch installed. EGR deleted as well.

Transmission shifts great, better than my dads 2017 tacoma! Xfer case has never been serviced and works properly. Driveshafts rebuilt with OEM universal joints, zero issues from these.

Front calipers rebuilt with red powder coat, OEM pads, anti-squeal shims installed. Fresh soft hoses also. Rear brake cylinders replaced with OEM, OEM shoes and drums also. One rear axle shaft replaced because it was out of spec for flange runout. Master brake cylinder rebuilt. Clutch hydraulics replaced with OEM.

Adjustable rear panhard bar installed, the s***ty paint shows in the pictures.

Rig has two spare tires, both the original swingout and later model underside carrier.

Exhaust has been upgraded. The horrible crossover tube between the two banks of the V6 now dumps directly into the downpipe as opposed to the rear cylinder on the LHS.

Interior is in excellent condition. Drivers seat has very small tear, way better than most of its age. Other seats are damn near perfect. Dash has the typical two cracks, no getting away from that. All gauges work, no bad sounds out of the HVAC system.

Prices for these rigs are all over the place depending on quality and how clean they are. From what I have seen on autotrader I feel comfortable initially listing this at 15k. I am not desperate and will not be friendly to tire kickers.

Keeping in line with my build thread I will let the pictures do the bulk of the talking.

Feel free to PM me or email directly at nframe@umich.edu and i'll do my best to answer any questions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom