Wine Fridge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am moving from CA to CO the end of this month and can't ship my wine. It's very valuable and wanted to know if I would pop breakers or ruin anything if I plugged my wine fridge into my 200 series rear outlet. Any knowledgeable help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I beleive that outlet is 40W, so that depends on your wine cooler.

Check the label on the wine cooler and see if it is more than 40W.

FYI, 40W / 110v = 0.36A.

Otherwise, you could simply tap the battery with an inverter and run it that way...

So thats what the label says on the wine cooler? That amounts to 287.5w. You can get a 400 to 700w+ inverter at harbor freight, run some leads from the battery and do it that way...maybe even see what you could pull from the trailer hitch and bring power into the rear. Or just run it off a few car batteries back there :)

JBHorne said:
So thats what the label says on the wine cooler? That amounts to 287.5w. You can get a 400 to 700w+ inverter at harbor freight, run some leads from the battery and do it that way...maybe even see what you could pull from the trailer hitch and bring power into the rear. Or just run it off a few car batteries back there :)

LOL! I think I'll just buy a 63qt. ARB plug it in and throw my wine in to keep it cool on the two and half day trek.

Anybody familiar with Whynter fridge freezer? Its half the price as the Arb. It got a few great customer reviews. My wife pointed that out.

Mtnbike said:
Anybody familiar with Whynter fridge freezer? Its half the price as the Arb. It got a few great customer reviews. My wife pointed that out.

Read the review in the summer 2010 overland journal. Based on that and other sources I wouldn't put my money in it. ARB, Engal, National Luna would be a much better match for your 200s. The latter is what I have. Love it.

jonharis said:
Read the review in the summer 2010 overland journal. Based on that and other sources I wouldn't put my money in it. ARB, Engal, National Luna would be a much better match for your 200s. The latter is what I have. Love it.

I look into the Luna for the simple fact you can divide the frozen and fridge goods. But still may end up getting the ARB. Thanks for the input!

is this what passes for tech?

dieseldog said:
is this what passes for tech?

What do you want to hear? Exact amp draw across the range? The perfect temp to serve a 2002 Cabernet? I know that the OP wasn't really 200 related but I would say it's still relevant......somewhere.....to someone.

Maybe it should be moved to Camping and Outdoor gear.

Mountain biker, just envision cold wine and ice-cream after a ride. :D where in CO?

Last edited:
What do you want to hear? Exact amp draw across the range? The perfect temp to serve a 2002 Cabernet? I know that the OP wasn't really 200 related but I would say it's still relevant......somewhere.....to someone.

Maybe it should be moved to Camping and Outdoor gear.

Mountain biker, just envision cold wine and ice-cream after a ride. :D where in CO?

You could not denigrate Bill Watterson more if you tried. And the worst part is I doubt you'll have a clue who he is without googling him.

NaterGator said:
You could not denigrate Bill Watterson more if you tried. And the worst part is I doubt you'll have a clue who he is without googling him.

Denver! Can't wait. Heading over to slee off-road for some goodies. :)

NaterGator said:

Lol! You're right because I'm busy making money and could careless about cartoonist. Now if you want to talk about God, Politics or business I could probably make you have to Google names. Anyways, I could've posted it under outdoor and camping gear but most of the 200 series folks like myself generally don't checkout all the other subcategories. I figured a 200 owner would have better info on what works well for their rig.

Mtnbike said:
Denver! Can't wait. Heading over to slee off-road for some goodies. :)

Nice move! Lots of great wheeling to be had over here. Look up Rising Sun when you get into town. Great group of guys. Lots of local knowledge. If you make it over to the west side look us up at Book Cliff Cruisers!

And to the previous poster, WTF is the point you are trying to make and who the F cares? I think I might add you to my sig line :D

jonharis said:
Nice move! Lots of great wheeling to be had over here. Look up Rising Sun when you get into town. Great group of guys. Lots of local knowledge. If you make it over to the west side look us up at Book Cliff Cruisers!

And to the previous poster, WTF is the point you are trying to make and who the F cares? I think I might add you to my sig line :D

Thanks! Will look them up. I'm sure I'll hit the west slopes soon enough and will let you know. It always fun going with a group.

I've have a 45G Whynter unit and it's held up nicely for a couple of years of abuse. Engels are top of the line but I can easily live with a Whynter for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom