Windshield Replacement - Need Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a '94, white with the bluish interior. I'm getting a new windshield and the shop tells me they need to know if it is shaded blue or brown. I put a sheet of paper behind it and can't tell.

Does anybody with white know their color? I'm thinking that maybe there is only one color windshield for various body colors.

TIA

underdog-

I'm an autoglass manager. 90 % of vehicles glass are tinted blue. Does your glass look obviously different than most other vehicles? A vehicle with brown or more accuratly bronze tinting would be like an audi or a lexus. It' s very apparent when you look at it.

If nothing else the shop can determine the shade when you bring it in.

Thanks GhostCruiser

I didn't want to bias anybody but my first guess is that its blue especially with my interior color. I'm having it replaced tomorrow and don't want to show up and find out they don't have the right part.

Thanks again!

If insurance is covering it be sure to get OEM or equivalent glass. I went through two windshields in a year with cheap stuff. Now I have a PPG Duplicate and it is holding strong.

The shop will tell you that they are all the same quality and will bill insurance for the OEM but stick you with the crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom