Windshield leak... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The windshield is leaking on my '99 Cruiser. I noticed wind sounds from the top of the windshield while driving and so I put some silicone along the upper gasket as a temporary fix, which did eliminate the wind sounds, until I could get the windshield replaced but it's still leaking with all this rain we're having. Water drips through the map light housing and down onto the shifter/center console. Do y'all have any recommendations of a shop/someone in the GVL area who knows how to replace these windshields? It's got a few cracks in it anyway so I figure I should just get it replaced but I want to make sure it's done right because I know they are often screwed up.

Great, I'll give them a call in the morning!

Make sure they use proper size rivets and not screws. Rusty screws seem to be a common cause for leaks around the 100 series windshield.

Chris Glass did my 100 glass replacement perfectly. Used proper rivets. Worked with insurance to have it covered. (864) 230-8319
Recommended by TrollHole. Thanks again Greg!

Chris glass does a great job. We’ve had him fix a bunch of windshields at trollhole’s. Like @boombapslappy said, just make sure they do it properly with rivets/gaskets, not just screws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom