Winch recommendation for Ironman bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What’s everyone running that fits with this bumper? Any good recommendations?
Not seeing much in the threads and still learning about recovery options.

Thanks.

I also have this bumper and was thinking the same thing? I was leaning towards an Ironman winch but may go with a smittybuilt but would like to know what others are using.

This is quiet the convo in the Jeep world. I will say basically, buy what you can afford, if you can afford the Warn, Superwinch, etc..go for it. I've snapped a Superwinch in-two and had a few Warns throughout the years. I actually just buy inexpensive Winch's these days, yea they might be slow but for my rare use, they work. Motoalliance is a good buy IMHO. I've been running a Westin with synthetic that I stumbled across on Amazon for CHEAP. I am moving over to an LX470 from my Jeep and bought this to put on the LX: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KAUXNDQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I got it for $283 on the 5th, as you can see now it is $379 dollars more. So again, buy what you can afford, if you want something fast your going to need to pay for it.

I am probably going to go with a smittybuilt 10k winch unless I can find a decent used warn I run a 9k TJM tiger winch on my 80 because I got a screaming deal on it. Before that I had a warn M8000 that crapped on me

stayed w IM 9500, fits well and am impressed w metaltech service.... first winch had a defect and was replaced w no questions asked.

hmnn are Viper's any good?
I had one on a previous rig and it I never had issues with it. I like Motoalliance as they include wireless with their Winch's usually. You can sometimes find some pretty good deals on their eBay page. I know they are pretty big in the SXS world and have a good reputation.

I don't know if they will fit your bumper because mine is different, but I can recommend the Smittybilt.
I bought the 10K wireless and submersible, got it decently cheap on a Labor Day sale.
Haven't use it much, but responded well when needed, even at 5 F . The wireless part stopped working, I believe there's a defect reported with the switch that needs to be replaced ($3 fix)
Among the off-road forums there're thousands of discussions about which winch is best, you have the hardcore Warn users that will spit on any other winch and there are also a lot of reasonable people that understand that spending over $1K in a winch is not for everyone.
Honestly, I'd go with any reputable brand, as long as the pulling rate is 1.5 times the weight of the vehicle. I had a T-Max that also worked very well.
Harbor Freight has some decent winches also (Badland brand) and cheap if you have the coupons, but for a few extra bucks you can go with a Smittybilt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom