Why put cheap no name tires on a 100k build? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I see Orvis has a FJ40 for sale. This one looks to have no name generic Walley World or Pep Boys tires on it. I understand it will be a show piece but why skimp out on the tires. Yes they will never see 20k miles. They do not have to work off road because it will not go there. I see this in European cars, muscle cars, etc. People spend all their money on the car and buy the cheapest tires they can for it.

Thoughts?

www.Orvis.com/landcruiser

Disclaimer:
I am not talking about a budget build that the guy is trying to build without his wife finding out how much he spent and just wants to go wheel with something that is better than nothing.

I see "YO" on the tires. If that's Toyo (I don't know), that's hardly a generic crap tire.

I see "YO" on the tires. If that's Toyo (I don't know), that's hardly a generic crap tire.
I do not think Toyo makes a tire like that. AND no I am not talking about the brand name tires.

I found them. I stand corrected on this vehicle, but I have seen it on others.

They are Toyo M-55 in 235/75/15 excellent tires.
Yes I found them, see above post, I added the link days ago. Did you build the 40? Looks really clean.

Yes we did. Thank you👍🏼. It was a really solid truck to start with. We did a complete off the frame rotisserie restoration. I’m going to miss having it around, but it’s going to a great home👍🏼

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom